上一主题:Session 13 Reading 35 Emerging Markets
下一主题:Ethics Question!
返回列表 发帖

Economics before corpfin, portmgmt, equity invmt

Although economics has a lower ratio of questions per page, I think it should be one of the first books read to get a good understanding of the fundamentals backstopping finance. Anyone else feel the same way?

I’ve just about read all of the level one books so far, and from what I’ve seen you can read the books in almost any order you like. Economics seems a good place to start as there is no ‘prerequisite’ material in the other books, and a lot of people I know writing started with it. I started with Equity/Fixed Income personally, as I wanted to keep my motivation up by reading real finance material, not support stuff like quants.

I think Quant should be near the beginning of your studies since later topics build off of your quant skills. For example, in portfolio mgmt, the concepts of AR models & time series regressions come up again.

Yes, I feel Economics should be the first book to start with because volume of reading is quite high compare to 10% weighting for the topic.

I really don’t get this. just go in order, I don’t understand the fascination of skipping around. The only thing I can see is doing ethics last because it’s pretty much pure memorization.

Personally I reviewed ethics at the beginning and I will review it with the SPH a couple days before the exam, as it is just straight memorization as jut111 mentioned.
I am also going in order of the books for two reasons; both of which are mentioned here:
1) I have heard that the concepts from quant are built on in later chapters
2) I want to get it done with, so I feel better about my personal progress.
Overall, I have to say that for 10%, the amount of pages the comprises economics is nothing short of ridiculous. I actually enjoy economics so it wont be a problem for me, but the weighiting really doesn’t reflect the amount of reading required. Anyways, just some thoughts.

返回列表
上一主题:Session 13 Reading 35 Emerging Markets
下一主题:Ethics Question!