上一主题:Schweser or CFAI Text for long CFAI readings with few LOS?
下一主题:Intercorporate Investments - Schweser Mistake
返回列表 发帖

Best company for understand FSA

Hello all,
I am interesting in study the FSA while I have the Financial Statements (BS, IS, CFS, etc..) in front of me of a company.
The thing is that I am looking a good example for starting and not a very complicated company with several branches, etc…
So, does anyone a good real example of a company for study? The idea is take the FSA of that company from sites like Edgar…
Thank you very much
Good luck to everybody.

use the txtbook for now. you’ll just stress yourself more when things you don’t understand yet come your way. txtbook stuff not complicated.

CFA book will be first choice! i had hard time on FSA also, but ill go back and use schweser once im done studying all CFA books, i am also hearing lots of nice stuff about ELAN GUIDES. so you should look in to it.

Obviously you want to stick to the books and study guides, but I like the idea of looking at a real world company while doing this to help it stick more. One idea might be to look at a single product yet profitable biotech company. I’d imagine something like Alexion (ALXN) would be a good bet. They are only recently profitable, so taxes shouldn’t be coming directly into play yet which will make things simpler.
Note: I haven’t actually looked at ALXN financial statements in any detail, so I can’t swear that any of the above is true, but the little I know about the company suggests it might be. I also haven’t gotten to the FSA text yet, so I don’t really know what is involved in that section either.

ALso Hershey (HSY) should be pretty uncomplicated, but I agree withthe others, use the books for now and after the test, while you’re waiting for results, look up those stocks

Thank you very much for your answers… FSA is the hell for me!!!
Regards

返回列表
上一主题:Schweser or CFAI Text for long CFAI readings with few LOS?
下一主题:Intercorporate Investments - Schweser Mistake