上一主题:Investment in Associates on Income Statement
下一主题:Mock/Sample as compared to the Real Exam
返回列表 发帖

MBA and CFA at the same time

I’m thinking about getting my MBA while going for the CFA Charter. Anyone have any experience with this? Or advice? I work full time and I’m taking the Level I exam in June 09. Would this be too much at one time, do you think? I appreciate anyone’s opinion.

I don’t think this would be advisable. If you can do it somehow you are the man.

How about a full time MBA and CFA?

I would think full time MBA and CFA would be easier. All you have to worry about is studying. More manageable.

Ok.
I am enrolled for a full time MBA program this fall. I take Level 2 in June. While I plan on trying regardless, I don’t know if it will work out well to take L3 after my first year.

I have been in the masters program for 3 years. I graduate in May this year. It is doable

The problem for me is that the cfa exam dates are always the weekend before or the weekend after finals and I simply cannot study for all of that at the same time. Other than that one complication, its easier to do them at the same time in many ways (lots of overlap w/ core courses, etc).

I am doing a part time MBA and matching it up with the CFA. It’s been really helpful since the first half of my MBA courses mostly overlapped with Level 1, which made it a breeze. I’m planning on taking some specific higher level finance courses to match up with L2. I know some people who completed the CFA during a fulltime program too, but that sounds like a lot of work to me!

I’m thinking about taking a shot at GMAT and Level 2 this june. What’s everyone’s thoughts on that? How hard is the GMAT, and how much time would you recommend I put into it? I’ve got a good finance background (no work experience, just college education, cleared Level 1 in Dec.) so does anyone think this is doable? Cheers.

It works like a synergy and should be manageable.

返回列表
上一主题:Investment in Associates on Income Statement
下一主题:Mock/Sample as compared to the Real Exam