上一主题:Some schweser chapters are too long
下一主题:Ethics 3: Not paying dues
返回列表 发帖

CFA Charter Pending Message pops up!!

Hi,passers,log into the website and see if you have status updated with an ugly add-on to your “registered for 2010 level III exam” called “CFA charter pending”??
I just found out.

i just logged on and i have that as well. does that mean we just wait? not sure what else i need to do??? (i’m already a regular member)

Yep, I have that too.
I was an affiliate member, so I just had to click something that said “upgrade to regular membership” - re-submitted my work experience. I think that’s all I need to do?

how do we get the cert? do they mail it to us? i used to work in toronto where the local society had a lunch or something and gave them out (or so people said) although i’m not sure if many people would attend a ceremony like that

Yup, I see that too.
I have already ordered new business cards: $tarving_Banker, CFA Pending

i’m in the same boat as everyone else but i kind of remember reading people talk about it. i think they will send an email asking for the correct spelling at some point. plus they will ask if you want to receive it in the mail or at a local chapter ceremony. this is probably 1-2 months down the road so they can update their records with all the new membership approvals. but you will be allowed to use the desig once they give you notice.

Not sure what’s up with that Message. If i go into my profile settings it says Membership Active.

I have called earlier today to inquire about the meaning of this. In my case, since I am now a regular member of the institute (faxed my CC info to the local society yesterday, and paid my invoice to the institute today - very quick turnaround) this means I am waiting around for them to resume awarding charters on 9/1.
I was told that once the charter is awarded, I will receive an email stating I can begin to use the CFA designation. The e-mail will have further information regarding receiving the physical charter.
Hope this helps
-Ed

Anyone know when CFAI will publish the congratulatory letter to new chartholders on FT,Economist or Forbes,etc??

i know CFAI used to do it on WSJ. I’d like to know if they still do the ads for the new CFAs.

返回列表
上一主题:Some schweser chapters are too long
下一主题:Ethics 3: Not paying dues