上一主题:Reading 29 EOC
下一主题:CFA qualification question
返回列表 发帖

Vingnette Structure and Answering Questions

I often separate out the vignette into the question they are referencing - question 1 (paragraphs 1 and 2) and it always has worked out fine and works well for time management - however i was burned by a question in Schweser Exam 1 afternoon session (11.2) that referenced paragraph 3 for one part of the question and then paragraph 6 for another part (I’m learning this after the fact). Paragraph 6 was then tested again in a later question.
My question is, how often in your practice exams do you see questions that pull the supporting information from all over the place instead of section by section in the vingnette? In the case of ethics - where a good amount of questions involve the same people throughout and have vague answer choices (did they violate? yes/no) this could pose to be a problem.

CFAI is good at putting s%&^ in the last sentence you need much earlier. risk free rate for an example on the L2 exam in 08 or 07
Schweser vignettes don’t do that, and i am trying not to just read the appropriate paragraph and go from there.
CFAI ethics questions are definitely paragraph by paragraph.

CFAI generally has written the questions to flow with the story. I remember one of the Schweser instructors (Smaby) making a comment that they generally do this. The thing about the RF rate on the other page is crazy, though. Also, I noticed that the Schweser questions are sometimes too all over the place in the story, which isn’t like the sample exams or even the L2 exam from last year.

Make sure you read (and re-read) the entire vignette. It’s just too risky.

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 29 EOC
下一主题:CFA qualification question