上一主题:Did anyone see what readings have been deleted?
下一主题:Roles of Portfolio Managers
返回列表 发帖

When do we solve Qbanks?

Hello Guys;
In the Schweser package, they give you Qbanks and Practice Exams…
Definitely they Practice Exams are left for revision..
But about the Qbanks, should i solve bunch of questions after each Study Session or leave it to the end too…
Recommendation pleasee

go through an LOS and solve as many questions of the same once you have got a good understanding of the concept.
I went through 1500 or so.

The way I used QBank was the following:
1) Never take “Easy” questions. Only intermediate and hard.
2) Take a quiz on each section after reading it.
3) Every few days take a 60-100 question test on the sections I’ve read thus far.
After I read everything, took plenty of 120 Question tests of only “advanced” questions.  I felt that doing the comprehnsive tests once or twice a week really helped in making me not forget sections as I read others.

definitely good for repetition and and keepign things fresh raw, but id be concerned w/how quickly you’ll blow through the questions…for example, there are only 120 macro analysis questions..i did a 40 and a 20…and ill do the remaining 60 towards the end…
if you test urself as often as ur suggesting, and are eliminating all of the easy questions (which i agree with), then you’ll blow through the int/adv questions..aren’t you only hurting yourself by answering the exact same questions over and over?

I never do practise questions all of them on a topic at a stretch. I did this in level 1 and found that mid way I had forgotten all that I had done initially.
1. Weekdays - study sessions on two different topic, generally two topics which are not correlated. For ex: Alt Investments and Fixed Income
2. Saturday - I do 15 questions each on the topics - Try to finish off one of the topic
3. Sunday - 15 questions on the other topics - Try to finish off the other topic
* Everyday night before going to bed, I glance through the formulae sheet created/notes taken - not more than 5-10 minutes.  Repeat this for each topic you do, till you have finished one pass.
Some other strategies I follow:
1. Randomly answer questions on the topics you had done some time back. You would have forgotten some, but thats fine!
2. Some weekends I am completely solving questions alone, if my productivity on reading that day is very very low.  Generally I love solving problems, than reading something new. And vice versa as well, if I feel I am in the zone on a particular day I skip answering questions and try to get as much as possible into my brain

返回列表
上一主题:Did anyone see what readings have been deleted?
下一主题:Roles of Portfolio Managers