上一主题:Calculator Question BA II Plus Pro
下一主题:Swap Spread
返回列表 发帖

Thoughts on how to study CFA Level 1 Derivatives

As I start Derivatives with my CFA Level 1 batch, I’d like to share some thoughts on how to approach the topic.
Quickly go over R60 (Derivative  Markets and Contracts).  Get a general idea about derivatives.  Don’t spend time on the questions initially. Come back to the questions after you’ve done the other readings.  The questions will make a lot more sense then.
Next do R61 (Forwards).  The Curriculum only has 3 questions. Do them well.  Also do questions from other sources such as Schweser.
Next R62 (Futures). Do all the Curriculum questions. Also do practice questions from other sources.
Next R64 (Swaps).  Swaps are like a series of forwards so I suggest  you do this reading before doing Options. Do all the Curriculum questions. More practice is always good.
Next R63 (Options).  Examples  in the Curriculum are good. So are the Practice Problems.  
Next R65 (Risk Management).  Here the focus is on Options. Hence it makes sense to do R63 and R65 one after the other.  Here again the Examples and Practice Problems are good.
Remember to go back to R60 questions.
Level 1 Derivatives is not very hard and is only 5% of the exam.  Practice hard, as always, but do not get too hung up on this topic.

返回列表
上一主题:Calculator Question BA II Plus Pro
下一主题:Swap Spread