上一主题:Abandon Private Equity Multiple Rounds?
下一主题:Fixed income question
返回列表 发帖
which method is most valuable for portfolio trade
A implementation shortfall
B VMAP
C principal trade
D electronic crossing network

I have no idea what you are asking. There is a language problem here…
If you are trading the whole portfolio and execution needs to be quick and assured, principal trade.
If you are trading the whole portfolio and execution can happen over time, use ECN.
ECN should result in highest value of an entire portfolio trade though.

portfolio trade invloves an order that requires the execution of purchases or sales in a specific basket of securities as close to the same time as possible

valuable is not the right word as it can have more than one meaning. Monetary value or valuable into complete them.
You can do entire baskets on ECN (I do them every day) or send them as a principal trade.
Execution speed is what matters.
Principal trade is going to create a lower monetary value based on the haircut but assurity of completion.
ECN is going to create a higher portfolio value in a flattish market but may take a couple of clearings to fully fill.

C - i though principal for entire portfolios

ECN is not electronic crossing network

Electronic Communication Network is a type of crossing network.
You have two answers that work.
Again it comes down to quickness of completion.
Principal is the quickest but takes the biggest haircut. Crossing and Communications also handle portfolio baskets on an hourly basis.

answer is A
Implementation shortfall strategies are typically “front-loaded” in the sense of attempting to exploit market liquidity early in the trading day. Implementation shortfall strategies are especially valuable for portfolio trades, in which control- ling the risk of not executing the trade list is critical. They are also useful in transition management (handing over a portfolio to a new portfolio manager), where multiperiod trading is common and there is a need for formal risk controls.

goodman2011 Wrote:
——————————————————-
answer is A
Implementation shortfall strategies are typically
“front-loaded” in the sense of attempting to
exploit market liquidity early in the trading day.
Implementation shortfall strategies are especially
valuable for portfolio trades, in which control-
ling the risk of not executing the trade list is
critical. They are also useful in transition
management (handing over a portfolio to a new
portfolio manager), where multiperiod trading is
common and there is a need for formal risk
controls.
Where in book?
I would have never put that down. I never heard of using algo for basket trade. Must be on dealer side but I can’t even imagine.

in the reading44

返回列表
上一主题:Abandon Private Equity Multiple Rounds?
下一主题:Fixed income question