上一主题:Is anyone reading the CFAI material or is it just me?
下一主题:Portfolio Insurance
返回列表 发帖

I didn't pass... I want to prepare for 2013. Please read...

I’m very sure I didn’t pass Level 1. I’d like to start my preparation for Level 1 in June right now. I’m wondering however if I can just use my current Schweser 2012 books for the time being or if I should get the 2013 ones.
Also, will the CFAI send me out new curriculum books when I’ve registered for the next exam? Thanks.

why do you think you failed? is this your first time you wrote it? how much did u get in the mocks?

study2gether wrote:
why do you think you failed? is this your first time you wrote it? how much did u get in the mocks?
I started my preparation too late. I essentially tried to learn the whole course in three and a half weeks but I ran out of time. I’ve been a member on this board for a while and did a little work in the past, but it was only in the month running up to the exam that I really started. I crammed everything in apart from Equity, Derivatives, Alternative Investments, Portfolio Management… so there’s no way I could have passed. A lot of that material however I have done before and knew a fair deal of answers on the exam (I think) but of course it’s still highly unlikely.
I just managed to get over 70% on the sections I crammed in on the mock (FRA, Ethics, Economics, Fixed Income, Quants, Corporate Finance). I didn’t test myself on the stuff I ran out of time for.
Yes it was my first attempt.

Well just use the Schweser Books for now and focus on getting into the nitty bitty of the context. You might have done well on the exam and are just worried for no apparent reason. Remember, if you score well in the major portions and score in the mid range you still have a fair chance of passing. Good luck though

返回列表
上一主题:Is anyone reading the CFAI material or is it just me?
下一主题:Portfolio Insurance