上一主题:Reading 30 -- beating my head against a wall of text
下一主题:Reading 20 Volume 3 Dreaming with BRICs
返回列表 发帖

Satisfying CFA's 4 year requirement

I wanted to know if I can satisfying CFA’s 4 year requirement, if I open and register a company/hedge fund and do my own stock trading? It will give me equity experience but will it qualify as experience for the CFA?

I would think you would have to manage at least on other person’s money under that strategy.  Also, who would provide the 2 references which are required for CFAI membership?

higgmond wrote:
I would think you would have to manage at least on other person’s money under that strategy.  Also, who would provide the 2 references which are required for CFAI membership?
What if I can get friends and family members to invest.
What if  I hire 2 friends for the reference?

^ interesting.  It used to be just 2 and 1 of them was supposed to be your supervisor.  I believe they allowed you to use someone other than your supervisor if you had a valid reason why you did not want him or her to know that you were applying for membership.

if you have no boss. (unemployed etc) you can just use. 2 charterholders

Study 2 get her or study to get the charter?

study2gether wrote:
I wanted to know if I can satisfying CFA’s 4 year requirement, if I open and register a company/hedge fund and do my own stock trading? It will give me equity experience but will it qualify as experience for the CFA?
Also, this has to be a full-time job. No part-time.

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 30 -- beating my head against a wall of text
下一主题:Reading 20 Volume 3 Dreaming with BRICs