上一主题:Gross profit margin and currency translation EOC CFAi Q21
下一主题:Imp ques.Please help ppl.
返回列表 发帖

Reading LESS, working MORE problems.. drawbacks?

It seems I have a tendecy to drift off when I read, especially the CFAI materials and when I read for hours on end.
So I’m testing a NEW apporach..  spending about 10% of my time reading or watching videos AND 90% working problems:
I’m now trying to get a initial overview whenever I start a new topic by watching the Schweser video, taking notes as I watch it (whether I intend to go back to them or not), and jump straight into doing problems after the video.
I don’t care if I score poorly on the problems in the beginning.  I keep doing them to identify where I’m lacking knowledge and then go back and read the texts (CFAI and Schweser) to supplement these areas.
I’m not taking less time by eliminating reading..  rather, I’m using the time saved by working on more problems.
For problems, I’m using primariy Finquiz (both regular and item set problems) plus the CFAI problems.  Yes, the “regular” questions aren’t the format on the exam but they’re there to test my knowledge in a more proactive way.
Is there anything seriously wrong with this approach?  I’m finding that I’m learning much faster after switching to it but I’m afraid if I end up missing something important by learning from doing problems rather than leaning by reading thoroughly first.

返回列表
上一主题:Gross profit margin and currency translation EOC CFAi Q21
下一主题:Imp ques.Please help ppl.