返回列表 发帖

2 calculators vs 1 and batteries

I have 2 TI BA plus calculators, can I just bring both and switch in case the batteries in one die rather than wasting precious time replacing the battery?

Yes. If you have 2 calculators, I think you would be much better off bringing two instead of bringing one and batteries. Or… you could just change your batteries the day before the exam so you know you have new batteries.

bring 2 calculators.  what happens if 1 gets crapped on?

Does anyone know anybody whose calculator actually failed them on the exam? I have 1 BA II Plus Pro but I don’t really want to spend an extra CDN$80. I have 2 new batteries though.

it takes less than a 30 sec to change a battery. change one to be sure in a practice high tension test.
you need to buy a flathead screwdriver. I dont think they allow two calculators. Check the exam list.

It’s risky changing the battery during high pressure situation. The guts of the calculator have to be pulled up to expose the battery.

5-6 months? not  a chance

What happens if the display pooches out?  A button gets stuck??  There’s a whole bunch of other bad things that can happen to IT hardware aside from the battery running out.  For me, I’m not taking the chance, will have two with me.  I didn’t waste 6 months of my life studying just to lose it all for the sake of a $40 calculator

Waaaay too much paranoia in this thread.  If you just replaced your battery for level I you are fine.
Odds of something happening are 1 in 200,000.  Cost of batteries are $4.  In my opinion it’s not worth the $4 on 1 in 200,000 odds.

Reading the title of this thread – 2 Calculators, 1 Battery – I thought this dialogue could’ve quickly gone off on a tangent.  But I digress…  Are you guys going into war? Is it worth wasting 30 precious seconds to change a battery on a (practically new) calculator?  Paranoia seems to be slowly settling in.
But itera was right – it could get crapped on.

返回列表