上一主题:CFA Institute- Approved- Defer Activation?
下一主题:Where are you checking your results?
返回列表 发帖

If you're already a CFA Institute member...

and you pass Level 3 do you become a Charterholder immediately you get the email, or if not how long does it take?

No, there’s still a lag time before being awarded the charter. Even if you were already a member, and officially pass L3 with August results, you still have to wait 1-2 months.
This is when you go into ”limbo” and the website changes your status to something like: “CFA charter pending”

You do get notified quicker – last year was just after Labor Day.

If I get the pass email, I’ll rejoin.  I joined as a regular member last year in the period just before annual dues are due where they wave it.

They never waive dues, you just didn’t pay and so didn’t join. But it doesn’t matter there’s no timescale on paying dues and joining once you are approved.

I wonder….
I was in a hurry to pass the tests.  Passing the tests put a lot of stress and strain on me.
I’m not in any real hurry to get the actual initials, though.  I’ll get around to it sooner or later.  Why are people in such a rush to get it done?

Nevermind, I was wrong. I just looked it up.

That’s just what they tell people in India to get them to join the program.  ”Oh a free stay at a 5 star, only.  Very nice.  I shall do the needful and give the exam.”

So would you be able to use the initial after you get notified (around early September going by the above posts) or after the award ceremony which i think is around end of the year?
p.s. its not like I am certain that I have passed or anytging like that - though I am fairly hopeful and confident - just trying to get some idea as I am going into a new role at the beginning of September and it would be nice on the new business card ;)

I would feel pretty safe using it if they put it after my name on their website

返回列表
上一主题:CFA Institute- Approved- Defer Activation?
下一主题:Where are you checking your results?