上一主题:[求助]关于smooth data的rescale factor
下一主题:For all those who tore the CFA pledge paper in AM session
返回列表 发帖

MPS: if 1 topic is less than 50% - can i still pass?

Greetings, I have a doubt that I did well on Derivatives. Is it possible for me to pass the exam, if I get totallly 75%+, but I will have Derivatives < 50%. Or if get < 50% at least in one topic - that means fail automatically?
Thanks

You can definiitely pass even if 1 section is below 50%
check out the prior scores people post every year
official L2 scores or something

Thanks. I feel much better now

You certainly don’t want to bank on it, but I got less than 50% on Derivatives for both L1 and L2, and still passed. In fact, I got less than 50% on Economics for L2 as well. So that’s two sections. (Me thinks I barely squeaked by L2. Like I said, don’t bank on it, but it can happen).

Padniaki I hope I am you in a few months, that’s def how my test turned out too!

Getting less than 50% in a section, even if you passed, probably means you didn’t understand the basics of that section and there was probably some low hanging fruit there you could have pursued for a better use of your time.
Maybe a charterholder could provide a more authoritative opinion but I’ve always felt it’s better to be mediocre in everything rather than be great in a few areas and ignore the others, at least for the exams.

blackomen,
I’m not sure if that’s true. I, for example, think that I bombed ethics on this exam. However, I’ve actually been getting pretty good scores in practice and mock test. Also, some sections are rather small, like AI, Quant, and Econ. All you need to “fail” that section is get 3 questions wrong. Even if you’re very good at those, you might fail any given section during the actual exam.

I’ve seen 3 below 50 and still pass

many will get below 50 in ethics this time i feel including me

I got <50% on alternative in L1, and alll others >70%.
I passed.

返回列表
上一主题:[求助]关于smooth data的rescale factor
下一主题:For all those who tore the CFA pledge paper in AM session