上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
下一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
返回列表 发帖

Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida

Q13. Maria Valdes, CFA, is an analyst for Venture Investments in the country of Newamerica, which has laws prohibiting the acceptance of any gift from a vendor if the gift exceeds US $250. Valdes has evidence that her Venture Investments colleague, Ernesto Martinez, CFA, has been receiving gifts from vendors in excess of US $250.

Valdes is obligated to:

A)   disassociate herself from the activity, and urge Venture to persuade Martinez to cease the activity.

B)   disassociate herself from the activity, urge Venture to persuade Martinez to cease the activity, and inform CFA Institute of the violation.

C)   disassociate herself from the activity, urge Venture to persuade Martinez to cease the activity, and inform CFA Institute and regulatory authorities of the violation.

Q14. The Standards of Professional Conduct explicitly outlines responsibilities to four groups. Which of the following is NOT a group mentioned in that list?

A)   The Federal Reserve.

B)   The investing public.

C)   The profession.

Q15. A CFA Institute member is also a member and the portfolio manager of an environmentalist group. In its charter, the environmentalist group lists a group of companies its members should boycott. The CFA Institute member would violate Standard I(A) concerning obeying all rules and regulations if the member:

A)   purchases stock of a boycotted firm for the group's portfolio.

B)   performs either of the activities listed here.

C)   actively protests against a publicly traded firm boycotted by the group.

答案和详解如下:

Q13. Maria Valdes, CFA, is an analyst for Venture Investments in the country of Newamerica, which has laws prohibiting the acceptance of any gift from a vendor if the gift exceeds US $250. Valdes has evidence that her Venture Investments colleague, Ernesto Martinez, CFA, has been receiving gifts from vendors in excess of US $250.

Valdes is obligated to:

A)   disassociate herself from the activity, and urge Venture to persuade Martinez to cease the activity.

B)   disassociate herself from the activity, urge Venture to persuade Martinez to cease the activity, and inform CFA Institute of the violation.

C)   disassociate herself from the activity, urge Venture to persuade Martinez to cease the activity, and inform CFA Institute and regulatory authorities of the violation.

Correct answer is A)

Standard I(A), Knowledge of the Law requires members who have knowledge of colleagues engaging in illegal activities to disassociate from the activity and urge their firms to persuade the individual to cease such activity. Reporting to regulatory authorities may be prudent in certain circumstances, but is not required. Reporting to CFA Institute is not required.

Q14. The Standards of Professional Conduct explicitly outlines responsibilities to four groups. Which of the following is NOT a group mentioned in that list?

A)   The Federal Reserve.

B)   The investing public.

C)   The profession.

Correct answer is A)

The Standards explicitly mention responsibilities to the profession, employers, clients, prospects, and the investing public. The Federal Reserve is not mentioned.

Q15. A CFA Institute member is also a member and the portfolio manager of an environmentalist group. In its charter, the environmentalist group lists a group of companies its members should boycott. The CFA Institute member would violate Standard I(A) concerning obeying all rules and regulations if the member:

A)   purchases stock of a boycotted firm for the group's portfolio.

B)   performs either of the activities listed here.

C)   actively protests against a publicly traded firm boycotted by the group.

Correct answer is A)

Standard I(A) says the member must be guided by all applicable rules and regulations of professional associations governing the member’s professional activities. Purchasing the stock for the firm would be a violation because it involves the member’s professional activities and the rules of a group to which the member belongs and works for. Actively protesting would not be covered by that standard.

thanks.

r

d

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1 -Reading 2-I...

v

thanks

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
下一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida