上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
下一主题:Reading 2-II: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid
返回列表 发帖

Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida

Q16. Michael Bellow, CFA, CAIA, is an investment banker who is involved with an initial public offering (IPO) of NewCo. Because this is Bellow’s first involvement in an IPO, he reports to an experienced supervisor. While reviewing past financial statements provided by NewCo, Bellow suspects that NewCo deliberately overstated its earnings for the past several quarters. Bellow seeks the advice of his firm’s highly competent general counsel and follows the advice given without deviation. Based on the general counsel’s advice, Bellow consults his immediate supervisor about the suspected overstatement of earnings. After reviewing the situation, Bellow’s supervisor explains why NewCo’s calculations of its earnings are correct. Bellow realizes that his inexperience and exuberance initially led him to an incorrect conclusion about NewCo’s earnings.

Which of the following statements about Bellow’s actions involving Standard I(A), Knowledge of the law, and Standard I(C), Misrepresentation, is TRUE? Bellow:

A)      violated both Standard I(A) and Standard I(C).

B)      violated Standard I(A) but did not violate Standard I(C).

C)      did not violate either Standard I(A) or Standard I(C).

Q17. Mary White, CFA, sits on the board of directors of XYZ Manufacturing, Inc. She discovers that management has knowingly participated in an activity she knows is illegal. According to the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, White is required to:

A)   disassociate herself from the activity.

B)   both of these choices are correct.

C)   seek legal advice to determine what actions should be taken.

答案和详解如下:

Q16. Michael Bellow, CFA, CAIA, is an investment banker who is involved with an initial public offering (IPO) of NewCo. Because this is Bellow’s first involvement in an IPO, he reports to an experienced supervisor. While reviewing past financial statements provided by NewCo, Bellow suspects that NewCo deliberately overstated its earnings for the past several quarters. Bellow seeks the advice of his firm’s highly competent general counsel and follows the advice given without deviation. Based on the general counsel’s advice, Bellow consults his immediate supervisor about the suspected overstatement of earnings. After reviewing the situation, Bellow’s supervisor explains why NewCo’s calculations of its earnings are correct. Bellow realizes that his inexperience and exuberance initially led him to an incorrect conclusion about NewCo’s earnings.

Which of the following statements about Bellow’s actions involving Standard I(A), Knowledge of the law, and Standard I(C), Misrepresentation, is TRUE? Bellow:

A)      violated both Standard I(A) and Standard I(C).

B)      violated Standard I(A) but did not violate Standard I(C).

C)      did not violate either Standard I(A) or Standard I(C).

Correct answer is C)         

Bellow did not violate Standard I(A), Knowledge of the law, because he sought advice of counsel and followed that advice. Bellow did not violate Standard I(C), Misrepresentation, because he made reasonable and diligent efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information and to avoid any material representation.

Q17. Mary White, CFA, sits on the board of directors of XYZ Manufacturing, Inc. She discovers that management has knowingly participated in an activity she knows is illegal. According to the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, White is required to:

A)   disassociate herself from the activity.

B)   both of these choices are correct.

C)   seek legal advice to determine what actions should be taken.

Correct answer is B)

Standard I(A), Knowledge of the Law. Prohibition against knowingly practicing or assisting in violation of laws, rules, and regulations. If White knows that someone has engaged in a possible illegal activity, she should: (1) report the finding to the appropriate supervisory person at her firm, (2) if the situation is not remedied, disassociate herself from the situation, and (3) seek legal advice to see what other actions, such as notifying the proper regulatory agency, should be taken.

d

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1 -Reading 2-I...

v

thanks

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1 -Reading 2-I...

Thanks.

Thx!

Thx!

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
下一主题:Reading 2-II: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid