上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
下一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
返回列表 发帖

Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida

Q18. Joan Platt, CFA, operates an investment advisory service in New York but maintains an office in Xania. Xania recently established a stock market, which is not very efficient. None of the Xanian stocks trade in the U.S. market. Xania legally permits the use of material inside information. Platt believes that using inside information would help her compete against other Xanian investment advisors and also help some of her Xanian clients reach their investment objectives. Platt is considering adopting local investment practices in Xania. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, Platt may:

A)   not use material inside information.

B)   use material inside information because Xania legally permits this practice.

C)   use material inside information, but only after notifying CFA Institute.

Q19. Bob Blanford, CFA, is an investment analyst for a large global brokerage firm. He recently moved to Ragatan, a developing country with few securities laws and regulations. As part of conducting a company analysis, Blanford interviews Ravi Shanti, vice-president of finance at Starr Industries. Starr is a major industrial firm in Ragatan and a client at Blanford’s firm. Based on his analysis, Blanford suspects that Shanti may have deliberately overstated Starr’s current earnings and its earnings for the past several quarters. If this information becomes public, Blanford believes that Starr’s stock price will drop substantially. Blanford suspects that Shanti may have violated Ragatan’s securities laws. Which of the following statements is least likely to comply with Standard I, Professionalism? Blanford should:

A)      determine the legality of the activity, possibly by consulting counsel.

B)      disassociate himself from the client, if the activity is illegal or unethical.

C)      take no action.

Q20. If an analyst suspects a client or a colleague of planning or engaging in ongoing illegal activities, which of the statements about the actions that the analyst should take is most correct? According to the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, the analyst should:

A)   disassociate from any illegal or unethical activity if the member has reasonable grounds to believe that the activity is illegal or unethical.

B)   consult counsel to determine the legality of the activity and disassociate from any illegal or unethical activity if the member has reasonable grounds to believe that the activity is illegal or unethical.

C)   consult counsel to determine the legality of the activity.

答案和详解如下:

Q18. Joan Platt, CFA, operates an investment advisory service in New York but maintains an office in Xania. Xania recently established a stock market, which is not very efficient. None of the Xanian stocks trade in the U.S. market. Xania legally permits the use of material inside information. Platt believes that using inside information would help her compete against other Xanian investment advisors and also help some of her Xanian clients reach their investment objectives. Platt is considering adopting local investment practices in Xania. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, Platt may:

A)   not use material inside information.

B)   use material inside information because Xania legally permits this practice.

C)   use material inside information, but only after notifying CFA Institute.

Correct answer is A)

Because applicable law involving material inside information is less strict than the Code and Standards, Platt must adhere to the Code and Standards. Standard II(A) prohibits against use of material nonpublic information.

Q19. Bob Blanford, CFA, is an investment analyst for a large global brokerage firm. He recently moved to Ragatan, a developing country with few securities laws and regulations. As part of conducting a company analysis, Blanford interviews Ravi Shanti, vice-president of finance at Starr Industries. Starr is a major industrial firm in Ragatan and a client at Blanford’s firm. Based on his analysis, Blanford suspects that Shanti may have deliberately overstated Starr’s current earnings and its earnings for the past several quarters. If this information becomes public, Blanford believes that Starr’s stock price will drop substantially. Blanford suspects that Shanti may have violated Ragatan’s securities laws. Which of the following statements is least likely to comply with Standard I, Professionalism? Blanford should:

A)      determine the legality of the activity, possibly by consulting counsel.

B)      disassociate himself from the client, if the activity is illegal or unethical.

C)      take no action.

Correct answer is C)

Because Blanford suspects Shanti of engaging in ongoing illegal activities, Blanford should take action by determining the legality of the suspected action, disassociating from any illegal activity, and urging his firm to attempt to persuade Shanti to cease such conduct if such an activity is illegal or unethical.

Q20. If an analyst suspects a client or a colleague of planning or engaging in ongoing illegal activities, which of the statements about the actions that the analyst should take is most correct? According to the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, the analyst should:

A)   disassociate from any illegal or unethical activity if the member has reasonable grounds to believe that the activity is illegal or unethical.

B)   consult counsel to determine the legality of the activity and disassociate from any illegal or unethical activity if the member has reasonable grounds to believe that the activity is illegal or unethical.

C)   consult counsel to determine the legality of the activity.

Correct answer is B)

According to the procedures for compliance involving Standard I(A), CFA Institute members should determine legality and disassociate from any illegal or unethical activity.

d

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1 -Reading 2-I...

v

thanks

ok

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1 -Reading 2-I...

Thanks.

X

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
下一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida