上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
下一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
返回列表 发帖

Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida

Q1. A CFA charterholder gathers the closing prices of a security from a widely read publication. The charterholder uses the data as part of a report she is preparing and fails to report the data source in the report. This is:

A)   a violation of Standard I(C).

B)   not a violation of Standard I(C) if the data cannot be gathered from several public sources.

C)   not a violation of Standard I(C) if the data can be gathered from several public sources.

Q2. An analyst preparing a report does NOT need to cite the use of which of the following?

A)   A recent quote from Alan Greenspan.

B)   Estimates of betas provided by Standard & Poor's.

C)   Charts developed by a colleague in the same firm.

Q3. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, which of the following statements about the prohibition against plagiarism is most correct? The prohibition against plagiarism applies to written materials:

A)   oral communications, and telecommunications.

B)   only.

C)   and oral communications only.

Q4. A copyrighted technique for measuring the downside risk of an investment has just been revealed to the public. If an analyst adopts the technique, he must cite the use of the technique in all research reports in which the technique is used EXCEPT:

A)   if the analyst does not modify the technique at all.

B)   if the analyst uses reasonable care and verifies that the technique provides superior results.

C)   Neither of these answers provide grounds for an exception.

答案和详解如下:

Q1. A CFA charterholder gathers the closing prices of a security from a widely read publication. The charterholder uses the data as part of a report she is preparing and fails to report the data source in the report. This is:

A)   a violation of Standard I(C).

B)   not a violation of Standard I(C) if the data cannot be gathered from several public sources.

C)   not a violation of Standard I(C) if the data can be gathered from several public sources.

Correct answer is C)

Since the security prices represent factual information that can be verified from several sources, there is no violation. It could have been a violation had the information been exclusively published by the source.

Q2. An analyst preparing a report does NOT need to cite the use of which of the following?

A)   A recent quote from Alan Greenspan.

B)   Estimates of betas provided by Standard & Poor's.

C)   Charts developed by a colleague in the same firm.

Correct answer is B)         

Statistics provided by a recognized agency, such as Standard and Poor’s, do not need to be cited. Charts, quotes, and algorithms developed by individuals must be cited when they are used.

Q3. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, which of the following statements about the prohibition against plagiarism is most correct? The prohibition against plagiarism applies to written materials:

A)   oral communications, and telecommunications.

B)   only.

C)   and oral communications only.

Correct answer is A)

The prohibition against plagiarism applies to all three areas.

Q4. A copyrighted technique for measuring the downside risk of an investment has just been revealed to the public. If an analyst adopts the technique, he must cite the use of the technique in all research reports in which the technique is used EXCEPT:

A)   if the analyst does not modify the technique at all.

B)   if the analyst uses reasonable care and verifies that the technique provides superior results.

C)   Neither of these answers provide grounds for an exception.

Correct answer is C)

Neither of the answers in this question provide adequate grounds for not citing the source of the methodology. Although “verifying” the technique is a good idea and congruent with the Code and Standards, the analyst still needs to cite the use of the copyrighted technique even after modifying it slightly to avoid violation of Standard I(C), Misrepresentation.

d

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1 -Reading 2-I...

v

thanks

xie

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1 -Reading 2-I...

Thanks.

Thx!

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
下一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida