上一主题: Reading 2-III: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid
下一主题: Reading 2-V: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidan
返回列表 发帖

Reading 2-VII: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid

Q11. Robert Hopkins has earned the right to use the CFA designation and wants to indicate this on his business card. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, which of the following is the proper use of the professional designation on his business card?

A)   Robert Hopkins, cfa

B)   Robert Hopkins, C.F.A.

C)   Robert Hopkins, CFA Charterholder

Q12. Ralph Lim and Susan Bland have both passed Level I of the CFA Program. Both are currently enrolled to sit for Level II. Lim's business card reads, "Ralph Lim, CFA Level I." Bland's resume states, "Level II Candidate in the CFA Program." According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct involving use of the professional designation:

A)   Both Lim and Bland violated the Standard.

B)   Lim violated the Standard, but Bland did not.

C)   Bland violated the Standard, but Lim did not.

Q13. During 2004 Nancy Arnold received an undergraduate business degree with a management major and completed all requirements for the CFA designation imposed by CFA Institute. She is applying for employment at several brokerage firms. Her resume states, “I was awarded the CFA degree in 2004 by CFA Institute.” Her resume also states that she graduated “with honors” and majored in finance. Her grade point average was 3.48 but “with honors” requires a 3.50 grade point average.

Which of the following statements about Standard VII(B), Reference to CFA Institute, the CFA Designation, and the CFA Program, and Standard I(C), Misrepresentation, is TRUE? Arnold:

A)   violated Standard I(C) but she did not violate Standard VII(B).

B)   did not violate either Standard VII(B) or Standard I(C).

C)   violated both Standard VII(B) and Standard I(C).

Q14. Nichole Zeller and Randy Toffler have both passed Level II of the CFA Exam Program and have registered for Level III. Zeller circulates a resume stating that she is a candidate for the CFA designation and has passed Level II of the CFA program. Toffler circulates a resume stating that he is a CFA II. Which of the following statements is TRUE?

A)   Only Zeller has violated the Code of Standards.

B)   Only Toffler has violated the Code of Standards.

C)   Both Zeller and Toffler have violated the Code of Standards.

Q15. Judy Albert and Bob Tye, who recently started their own investment advisory business, plan to take the Level III CFA examination next year. Albert's business card reads, "Judy Albert, CFA Candidate." Tye has not put anything about the CFA on his business card. However, the firm's promotional materials describe the CFA requirements and indicate that Tye participates in the CFA program and has completed Levels I and II. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct:

A)   Albert has violated the Standards but Tye has not.

B)   Both Albert and Tye have violated the Standards.

C)   Neither Albert nor Tye has violated the Standards.

答案和详解如下:

Q11. Robert Hopkins has earned the right to use the CFA designation and wants to indicate this on his business card. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, which of the following is the proper use of the professional designation on his business card?

A)   Robert Hopkins, cfa

B)   Robert Hopkins, C.F.A.

C)   Robert Hopkins, CFA Charterholder

Correct answer is C)

The CFA designation should always be capitalized and shown without periods. The CFA designation should not be referred to as a degree. Placing the designation "CFA" or "CFA Charterholder" after one's name on a resume, business card, brochure, or other published material is appropriate.

Q12. Ralph Lim and Susan Bland have both passed Level I of the CFA Program. Both are currently enrolled to sit for Level II. Lim's business card reads, "Ralph Lim, CFA Level I." Bland's resume states, "Level II Candidate in the CFA Program." According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct involving use of the professional designation:

A)   Both Lim and Bland violated the Standard.

B)   Lim violated the Standard, but Bland did not.

C)   Bland violated the Standard, but Lim did not.

Correct answer is B)         

There is no designation for someone who has passed Level I, Level II, or Level III of the CFA examination. Candidates may state, however, that they have completed Level I, II, or III, as the case may be, in the CFA Program. Thus, Lim violated the Standard, but Bland did not.

Q13. During 2004 Nancy Arnold received an undergraduate business degree with a management major and completed all requirements for the CFA designation imposed by CFA Institute. She is applying for employment at several brokerage firms. Her resume states, “I was awarded the CFA degree in 2004 by CFA Institute.” Her resume also states that she graduated “with honors” and majored in finance. Her grade point average was 3.48 but “with honors” requires a 3.50 grade point average.

Which of the following statements about Standard VII(B), Reference to CFA Institute, the CFA Designation, and the CFA Program, and Standard I(C), Misrepresentation, is TRUE? Arnold:

A)   violated Standard I(C) but she did not violate Standard VII(B).

B)   did not violate either Standard VII(B) or Standard I(C).

C)   violated both Standard VII(B) and Standard I(C).

Correct answer is C)         

Arnold violated Standard VII(B). The CFA designation should not be referred to as a degree. Arnold also violated Standard I(C) because her claim that she graduated “with honors” is not true.

Q14. Nichole Zeller and Randy Toffler have both passed Level II of the CFA Exam Program and have registered for Level III. Zeller circulates a resume stating that she is a candidate for the CFA designation and has passed Level II of the CFA program. Toffler circulates a resume stating that he is a CFA II. Which of the following statements is TRUE?

A)   Only Zeller has violated the Code of Standards.

B)   Only Toffler has violated the Code of Standards.

C)   Both Zeller and Toffler have violated the Code of Standards.

Correct answer is B)

The Code and Standards permit an individual to state that he or she is a candidate for the CFA designation as long as the person is registered for the next CFA exam. The same individual may state the fact that he or she has passed Level I or II of the CFA program. There is no partial designation, such as CFA II.

Q15. Judy Albert and Bob Tye, who recently started their own investment advisory business, plan to take the Level III CFA examination next year. Albert's business card reads, "Judy Albert, CFA Candidate." Tye has not put anything about the CFA on his business card. However, the firm's promotional materials describe the CFA requirements and indicate that Tye participates in the CFA program and has completed Levels I and II. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct:

A)   Albert has violated the Standards but Tye has not.

B)   Both Albert and Tye have violated the Standards.

C)   Neither Albert nor Tye has violated the Standards.

Correct answer is A)

On letterheads and business cards and in directory listings, only the mark CFA or the words Chartered Financial Analyst should appear after the charterholder's name.

thx

tx

x

thx

cbcbc

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1: Reading 2-VI...

3x

thanks

返回列表
上一主题: Reading 2-III: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid
下一主题: Reading 2-V: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidan