Board logo

标题: How is everyone doing with QBank / Practice Exams? [打印本页]

作者: karoliukas    时间: 2011-7-11 17:46     标题: How is everyone doing with QBank / Practice Exams?

Just finished the reading a few days ago and took my first Schweser practice exam today–– I timed myself and finished well ahead of the allotted time in almost every section... except that I got a 66%

I was hoping for around 75%, but I really got killed in ethics (I keep leaning towards the person in question violating the code when he actually didn't )..

Also, I'm scoring around 70% in QBank right now–– hope to bump it up to the 80s by next week!

How is everyone else doing the practice exams?
作者: agulani    时间: 2011-7-11 17:46

i am doing about the same....as each day goes by i see incremental increases.....
作者: Daniel1985    时间: 2011-7-11 17:46

I took my first Schweser practice exam this weekend.

I got a 77% in the morning and 78% in the afternoon.
作者: jim8z3    时间: 2011-7-11 17:46

I've been doing well in Qbank, high 80's on advanced and intermediate, but i think thats just because I have been doing Qbank all along after the readings. Answered about 2200 of them so far...

Took exam 1 AM last weekend (un-timed, and looked at the notes a couple of times) and got a 77%. Took the PM session yesterday after reviewing all week and got an 82.5% in 2:40 without looking at any notes.
作者: ogoluwa    时间: 2011-7-11 17:46

its going well here...
schweser practice exams (timed, without notes)
#1 (72.50%, 80%)
#2 (84.17%, 85.83%)
#3 (85.83%, PM to come today)

so i'm experiencing a decrease in the second derivative.

think i have to slow a bit, or else i'll run out of practice exams..
cheers
作者: amqata    时间: 2011-7-11 17:46

^ fantastic performance chefe.

any tips on how you boosted your score so much from the first to second practice exam?
作者: dontknow1987    时间: 2011-7-11 17:46

in the first exam i was too sloppy and too much in a rush..

e.g.
when finished skimming half-way through the question description, already thinking to have the answer. only to find out that the last two words of the question clearly say i was wrong.. from now on, i force myself to slowly read each question carefully, no matter how hard my feeling is that i have answered such a question 100 times..

other than that, can't really think of a strategy that increased the score.. sorry.
keep up the spirit.
cheers
作者: ishfaque    时间: 2011-7-11 17:46

Hey, can you please let know what you mean by "high 80's on advanced and intermediate" in Qbank? is there a way to set the difficulty level?
作者: bapswarrior    时间: 2011-7-11 17:46

You set the difficult when you make exams. Personally, I think the Qbank is broken because I don't score any differently with advanced questions or all questions. Also, if I allow incorrect answers to appear, it HEAVILY weights incorrect questions, as in, if it were randomly pulling from unseen and incorrect and only 10% of the exam would be incorrect, I'm seeing around 50% previously incorrect questions instead.

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2