Board logo

标题: Resume [打印本页]

作者: CFA4Techie    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02     标题: Resume

Passed L2, but not planning to sign up for L3 yet. Can't quite call myself CFA Level 3 Candidate.

What are some ways to indicate this on the resume? Especially if I want this to standout, given I don't have much other research experience.
作者: BelalM    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

Don't get cute with it, just put Passed level 2 of the CFA exam... Or go pay for the test so you can put L3 Candidate.
作者: WarrenB1    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

dude all you have to do is sign up for L3 to say l3 candidate...just pay for it you're going to have to do that eventually.

im not in the hunt for a j o b right now so im not in that boat
作者: redskins44    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

Should mention, I don't plan on taking L3 in 2011.
作者: FinancialAnaly    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

you should write "Im a tone tan fit and ready" Level 3 candidate
作者: scarecrow    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

njk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being that you need 4 yrs relevant work
> experience, I figured I would make becoming
> relevant a priority. Im currently working in
> operations (aka unrelevant) at a major i-bank -
> let me know if you think this is a jackass move

Same here except I just passed L1 straight out of college. Now I just need to find a job in the industry and I'll sign up for L2.
作者: CPATrader    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

Sorry to play the CFA ethics card, but if you have not signed up for L3 in 2011, then you may not yet call yourself L3 Candidate, correct?

I would think that "Passed CFA Level 2 Exam, June 2010" would look pretty darn good on your resume for an opportunity to get out of Ops. I am also in Ops at a hedge fund and unfortunately I did not pass L2, so I didn't have to change my resume. I'm still a L2 Candidate! ;) Good luck raising up out the back office, I'm looking forward to doing the same soon.
作者: bbtomato    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

ive been looking for jobs since january, applied for like 30 (internally), didnt get one interview.

passed LV1 in june, re-worked (on the format) and updated (on cfa) my resume 2 weeks ago and guess what?

instant impact: got a phone interview yesterday. the recruiter told me they received approx 300 resumes, 15 get a phone interview and i was one of 15.

maybe it was just luck....i dun believe that lv1 and 2 will make this much of a difference (there is a difference but not that much)

if i get a few more phone calls, i'll be convinced.
作者: cv4cfa    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

Regarding the comment around 'relevancy', your operations workex can count towards the 4 years requirement for the charter. I know people who have been working in IT for four years have claimed it!
作者: benbenxiong    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

Hey "Wobbling on the fence" Are you certain that ops experience counts? I have about 10 years at a hedge fund and a bank in ops and 3 years inv research. Can you tell me where they say what experience counts?
作者: mengxu    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

Wobble,

I don't think most ops positions would count, what type of position was this? Were there ties to any research or analysis in what your coworkers did? I'm going through the work experience stuff for LIII right now with mostly Ops experience and just hoping it will come out positive, but expecting it not to count. I beleive for it to count the experience needs to be your main focus in your job.

I know someone who had a research internship for a year that didn't count b/c they don't allow internships to count - even though he was doing the same work as the people on the payroll!
作者: kingstongal    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

Hey Dapper,

A co-worker of mine just got the charter after about a year of back and forth. He ended up going back to CFAI like 6-7 times getting bits and pieces approved. I think he actually typed up a letter and sent it to CFAI via fedex to get his point across. He was purely ops (equity trading support I think) for a while and then at our place I think he was able to package his performance reporting duties into accepted work experience.

I think for those of you in the "I work in ops" situation, after passing L3 it may not be a terrible idea to sign up for and take the CIPM. I know the last thing anyone wants to do after L3 is comit to another 2 exams but if the designation is relevant to what you do in ops (GIPS, performance, measurement, analytics, reporting, etc.) it may help. I think I read that only a couple hundred sat for the second part of CIPM this year so you have to think CFAI is trying to raise the prestige of CIPM in the future. It might be your "backdoor" entry into the charter, who knows.
作者: Otabek    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

Thanks Cat Fanciers', I appreciate the response.
作者: Newhuman    时间: 2011-7-11 19:02

Damn, goodluck Dapper...the fund accountant I was referring to go his charter like 10 years ago. And, my co worker has 8 years of experience from a trading configuration of Swaps point of view...so I'm sure it was the overall 8 years that allowed him to get the 4 required.

Sounds like I should start looking for a new gig before I even sit for L3...

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2