Board logo

标题: Can we have some fune this weekend? [打印本页]

作者: IAmNeil    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49     标题: Can we have some fune this weekend?

So my wife says... "You think you can make some time to have some "fun" this weekend?

SERIOUSLY?????????????????????????
作者: stalkey    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

Does she mean "fun" or fun? I hear that "fun" can be a great stress reliever. Just sayin
作者: yospaghetti    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

20 minutes...might as well
作者: CPATrader    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

wow, just wow. What is she thinking. My wife is actually going to CT for the weekend and taking our 18 month old so I will have unfettered study time.
作者: 19831985    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

Ditto. My gf asked whether we can "go out" for 2 days...i can "study" on the beach if i want...

Almost made me think how hard should i slap her...

Just when will people START UNDERSTANDING???
作者: giants2010    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

Smileyface, you are so right... Nobody gets it...

I'm so sick of hearing, "you're gonna ace it this time!"

I just want to punch those people in the face!

And to clarify, she meant fun with the kids...
作者: RMontgomery    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

when people say "I am sure you will pass it, don't worry". I just reply, "thank you. how about we take it together?"
作者: xilige    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

Funny, when people tell me 'i'm sure you'll pass it, don't worry', I usually just start shaking.
作者: SpyAli    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

even worse, "oh this is your second take now which means you are just revising now. For sure you will pass with flying colors" :-/

and this is from someone who took L1 but failed and didnt continue. Plus, she thinks a month of review is enough for L2 just like L1. I was so close to screaming that 'THIS IS NOT LEVEL 1 and even for Level 1, I made sure I have 6 weeks to review!"
作者: zhaoyp    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

^sumz: can relate to your frustration bro..forget reviewing, there were times when i told her i wanna study & all she would say is that you don't take out enough time for me.

I have taken an off from work, practically switched off my cell & stopped talking to my gf for time being...

Its kinda big deal for me & there is absolutely no way i will let someone stop me. A couple of days of silence is far better than 365 days of anguish and agony.

Don't let relationships stop you from getting what you have worked so hard for esp at this stage.

----------------------------------------

smileyface is gonna clear the CFA L2 Exam on 5th June, 2011. And making this statement won't be a violation of Code of Ethics since its a fact. ;-)
作者: lucasg85    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

smileyface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^sumz: can relate to your frustration bro..

lol just to be clear, these comments werent from a gf. it was from a colleague who took L1 and failed. We were having some conversation about CFA and it was surprising that even ex CFA-er hasnt learned from her fail.
作者: Newhuman    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

+ people thinking you are overdoing it.... "you've studied enough, come out for a few drimks"

Stupid civilians!!

- Guille
作者: tobeornottobe    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

On a related note, i wish CFAI sent more of those postcards they sent in L1...

Any place we can buy more of them?
作者: Otabek    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

smileyface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On a related note, i wish CFAI sent more of those
> postcards they sent in L1...
>
> Any place we can buy more of them?

I think they don't make level II postcards because if they had to benchmark the situational photos relative to the level I postcards it would just be downright nasty...
作者: giorgio10    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

I'm so glad that i'm in a long distance relationship now........
作者: CPATrader    时间: 2011-7-13 13:49

LOL! I still remember reading threads on AF on what to expect in L2!

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2