Board logo

标题: Doing Horribly in Ethics..any tips? [打印本页]

作者: brk1yn    时间: 2013-3-30 20:36     标题: Doing Horribly in Ethics..any tips?

Hello everyone,
I’m doing horribly (~50%) in Ethics and I’m not sure what’s going on!
There are just so many gray areas that could go one way or the other, and I also end up thinking the person in question violated a standard when he/she in fact was innocent.
Also, let’s say a person knows a standard is being violated… when do they CEASE to do their responsibilities vs RESIGN from their job? It seems like there are instances where u resign and instances where u cease until matter is resolved…
Lastly, does anyone have any tips for doing well on Ethics or a list of tricky areas that we should be aware of?
For example: (my latest screw ups)
1. Factual data from a recognized reporting service need not be cited.
2. Excluding portfolios with small balances from the composite performance presentation is not a violation of the standards
Thanks so much for your help!
作者: bodhisattva    时间: 2013-3-30 20:36

Yohji,
Read the Ethics section again and practice using Qbank. Choose the option to grade after each question. This way you’ll be able to see why your choice was incorrect/correct.
Good Luck!
作者: mar350    时间: 2013-3-30 20:36

@ Yohji : I would request you to make a brief note (only some points on each of the Stds n sub points).. I m doing it and it is really helping me !!
Also remember that you need to know the significance of each of the Stds… thts it !!
Best of Luck
作者: strikethree    时间: 2013-3-30 20:36

Make sure you check out the mock exam because I found the ethics questions on there pretty tough and I thought I had ethics down.
作者: canadiananalyst    时间: 2013-3-30 20:36

agree, now i realised one section in qbank i should finish all questions is ethics. definitely improve a lot with more practice.
tmjones2 Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Make sure you check out the mock exam because I
> found the ethics questions on there pretty tough
> and I thought I had ethics down.

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2