Board logo

标题: Quantitative: even HARDER than ethics [打印本页]

作者: Bluetick1010    时间: 2013-3-30 20:50     标题: Quantitative: even HARDER than ethics

I thought earlier that ethics would give me the most difficulty. I realize now I was wrong. At least I have made some progress on the ethics section. I think I have a good chance of getting at least 70% on that section.
Quantitative, on the other hand, is proving to be even more difficult for me. On the sample exam, I only got 43%. I have since learned covariance and have done some studying of other parts of Quantitative, but I’m only getting 55% on Q-Bank single-topic quizzes I’m giving myself. It seems that there are SO MANY things to study under Quantitative. Now I find myself wishing I had taken a full course in statistical theory.
作者: bdavi77962    时间: 2013-3-30 20:50

there’s no theory here. just drill down the formulas to understand the logic behind them and you’ll be surprised at how many of them will click
作者: laurab    时间: 2013-3-30 20:51

I agree. You do not need to know much theory but hammer down the formulas. The essentials are st. dev, variance, and covariance. A lot of other answers and formulas are derived from these equations and knowing them is very important.
Spend one day, for a few hours and just learn the formulas and do a few practice problems with each to see how to implement them. You will be amazed at your progress.
Good luck!

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2