Board logo

标题: Schweser Quicksheet [打印本页]

作者: Nishant1    时间: 2013-4-8 21:43     标题: Schweser Quicksheet

I did a first pass of it tonight (my Saturdays are not going to get much better for the next few weeks).
I think it’s terrific. Obviously useless if you don’t know the material, but if you do, great for retention, especially if you start remembering other relevant topics/facts/subjects as you read.
Only qualm is a mistake I found in the FI section–they say that nominal spread = OAS + option cost
作者: tarik64    时间: 2013-4-8 21:44

I believe that nominal spread and Z spread are aprox the same. (Schweser pg 79 Book 5) Rearrange that equation and you get nominal sprad - option cost = OAS; substitute Z spread for nominal and their you go.
Yes, I would rather have seen them put in Z spread on that as well. Another error is on the FSA section for Measure of earnings quality. They have the arrow pointing up; should point down.
Hope that helps
作者: lunarfollies    时间: 2013-4-8 21:44

nominal spread = z-spread when the yield curve is flat
作者: RepoToronto    时间: 2013-4-8 21:45

i noticed the earning quality thing too. at first i thought it was a mistake because i thought they were sayig that higher accruals ratio means higher quality.
then i thought perhaps they just mean that higher earnings quality is better.
either way, we know that lower accruals is better.
作者: ayaz_mahmud369    时间: 2013-4-8 21:45

yeah, they do have some mistakes in there for sure. it omits a lot of the material so i’ve made my own notes all over that quicksheet.
作者: JonnyKay    时间: 2013-4-8 21:45

To be fair, they put that arrow direction on their Errata sheet months ago…ever check it out?
作者: tarunajwani    时间: 2013-4-8 21:46

I tried writing formulas on my quicksheet also.. too bad the glossy face makes that impossible, so I end up engraving/destroying the quicksheet in the process.
作者: amqata    时间: 2013-4-8 21:46

I write notes on quicksheet using a cd pen. works perfect.

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2