Board logo

标题: triangular arbitrage and implied cross rates question [打印本页]

作者: d2rockstar    时间: 2013-4-28 08:10     标题: triangular arbitrage and implied cross rates question

Quick question, on p.489 in CFAi book in the second paragraph (2nd arbitrage constraint) they set the ratios so that to get a/c u need to have a/b and c/b….. but in all the examples its usually set up so that the relationship is a/c=(a/b)(b/c) and u can cancel out currency b (this is for questions without inverting) …. so  my question is: is the paragraph wrong? Or am i missing something? Sorry for any typos im on my tablet and it sucks to type
作者: Kiakaha    时间: 2013-4-28 08:10

If you changed your avatar I might actually be able to focus on your question.
作者: jbaldyga    时间: 2013-4-28 08:11

Incentive: answer my question and ill tell u her name? Lol
作者: spartanag07    时间: 2013-4-28 08:11

Well, I don’t have the books with me, but clearly you can’t cross multiply and cancel with the ratios you have stated.  You would have to take the inverse of C/B to get to B/C and cancel out the “B’s”.
作者: cfalevel2011    时间: 2013-4-28 08:11

jyk026 wrote:
Quick question, on p.489 in CFAi book in the second paragraph (2nd arbitrage constraint) they set the ratios so that to get a/c u need to have a/b and c/b….. but in all the examples its usually set up so that the relationship is a/c=(a/b)(b/c) and u can cancel out currency b (this is for questions without inverting) …. so  my question is: is the paragraph wrong? Or am i missing something? Sorry for any typos im on my tablet and it sucks to type
…you have a tablet?…showoff!

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2