上一主题:distracting noise in Charlotte
下一主题:Question regarding synthetic position with future constract
返回列表 发帖

Strategy to clear L1 : sure chance of passing

I gave level 1 few days back. The exam went well except that I had to guess on 7-8 questions in afternoon session with no time left.

After the exam, I have been thinking about the strategies which I took for the study and the strategies which I should have taken!! Two possible strategies

1. Do Schweser thoroughly with question bank and all tests

2. Read Scweseer material, dont give a lot of emphasis to Qbank. Make a list of important concepts and study them from CFAI curriculum ( read the topics over and over) and do all CFAI end of chapter questions. (ofcourse to make a list of important topics is a subjective thing, but can be done - say 10-15 topics from each study session)

I was somewhere in the middle of the 2 strategies as I started strategy 2 in last month of studying.

I know there are a lot of people in this forum, who did not refer to CFAI curriculum and will still pass and I know many people in the past who have done that. However, I think that the best strategy is to study selective topics from CFAI curriculum. I did that and it worked. If you guys remember questions like true zero, and negative sharpe ratio were all from the curriculum. I dont know about stalla, but none of this stuff was in schweser.

I personally believe that if you study only from Schweser you will be on the border line of passing - as the Schweser material tests and the actual test are VERY different - This is a strong argument!!

Any thoughts??

返回列表
上一主题:distracting noise in Charlotte
下一主题:Question regarding synthetic position with future constract