返回列表 发帖

The Great Crusade letter

Should have posted this before the exam... Being a military history buff, I felt it appropriate to modify Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower's address to all allied soldiers prior the the D-Day invasion in 1944. The timing is also appropriate since D-Day was June 6th...

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the proctors are upon you. The hopes and prayers of your family & friends march with you. In company with your brave co-candidates in testing centers across the world, you will bring about the destruction of the CFA curriculum and its tyranny over your social life and psychological state over the last few months.

Your task will not be an easy one. The exam graders are well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. They will deduct points savagely.

But this is the year 2011! Much has happened since you wrote Level I. Your preparations have inflicted great wounds to Treynor, Black, Modiagliani and Miller. No longer will you forget to de-annualize LIBOR rates or fail to grasp Porter’s five forces. Schweser & Stalla have given us an overwhelming superiority in comprehension and techniques. The tide has turned! You no longer need to memorize the Black-Scholes-Merton option pricing model! The CFA candidates of the world are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage and devotion to the investment profession and ethics. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good luck! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

It refers to the build up, training and anticipation that led to the European invasion, not actually the war itself

But I see what you mean... I am an Afghanistan veteran, so I know the realities of war too well...

Thanks guys. I recited this to myself in a Texas accent on my way into the test center (I'm Canadian). Not sure it helped but I hope so!

I nominate this to be an annual tradition for L2.

Awesome man!!

I mean he sent me the orginal version. But nvestn, your version is just GREAT!

oh god. This is what my ex bf sent me before the exam day!!!! I read it before I entered the exam hall. That was touching!

hehe glad a few of you enjoyed it

Best of luck to you as well ;)

Wow, totally enjoyed it and laughed out loud over the valiant effort at wordsmithing. (mild mockery of CFAI??)

Best of luck to you all in your forthcoming exams.

This is great. I would have printed it out and read it on my way to the exam.

返回列表