返回列表 发帖

Questions about Google Finance

Anyone else here use Google Finance? Just started using it, and was wondering if it's possible to set up a set of trading comps based on valuation multiples. Right now I only see it being able to chart prices and average returns, but I'm much more interested in trading multiples.

numi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kblade, you're right -- nothing makes me certain.
> It's just that I'm already thinking about
> alternatives for FactSet and Bloomberg access once
> my internship is over, sadly

Call up your Factset Rep, ask him if you can qualify for some basic funcation in FactSet for personal account (at some discount)

Actually, yeah, we do have Bloomberg access at school but I mean preferably something I can access anywhere rather than being in front of a terminal

numi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kblade, you're right -- nothing makes me certain.
> It's just that I'm already thinking about
> alternatives for FactSet and Bloomberg access once
> my internship is over, sadly

you should** be able to get bbg access while in school

**accidentally a word

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Friday, July 15, 2011 at 05:10PM by justin88.

ADVFN is a pretty good resource and usualy bang on with bloomberg. Truestockvalue.com is very good (shameless pump from -- my hedge fund manager cum professor started the site).

> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower class > Born in crack house >
> Born middleclass in Asia and working in IT but
> looking to switch to buyside

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Friday, July 15, 2011 at 04:24PM by ASSet_MANagement.

You could run a stockscreener with the parameters you want, and bookmark that search.

kblade, you're right -- nothing makes me certain. It's just that I'm already thinking about alternatives for FactSet and Bloomberg access once my internship is over, sadly

I use it often however I don't think Google Finance is that complex/advanced as you want it to be. Even if you could create a list of companies and display valuation multiples for each one, what makes you so certain that their inputs (i.e. EBITDA, etc.) are actually accurate and timely?

返回列表