上一主题:2013年CFA三级经验分享
下一主题:How do you beet the CFA exams?
返回列表 发帖

Mechanical pencils?

I haven’t been able to find anything on the CFAI website about this, so can we use mechanical pencils for the exam?

回复 24# pimpineasy

you mean, we can write with pencils even for Level III essay questions? thanks

i second this
good thing i checked it online before preparing anything.
0.7mm HB lead it is then! ...
pimpineasy 发表于 2013-8-6 10:33

you mean, we can write with pencils even for Level III essay questions? thanks

i second this
good thing i checked it online before preparing anything.
0.7mm HB lead it is then!
thanks for the info

Good info! I was wondering about this myself.

2 calculators.  Don’t let all this work go to waste due to a black swan event.

If choosing which pencil to bring is you’re biggest worry, I think you’re ready for the exam.

Arent we making this all too complicated? Arent there more things to worry about than the pencil to be chosen? Any simple HB pencil would do, I borrowed couple from my son’s school box.

On this exam, go for 0.7mm.  It fills in the ovals faster, and that’s what matters here.
For regular stuff, I do like the 0.5mm leads.  Though these days I do almost everything electronic or in pen, so I’m working on memories here.

I hate .5MM lead because I always break it and sometimes it will cut through really thin paper.
Handwriting is definitely a lost art as everyone types almost everything.  My cursive is so illegible so I had to write in print on the exams which is much slower but at least it is  somewha legible.  Now I can’t write in cursive anymore because I got so used to printing while I was studying for the exams.  It makes me wonder if kids 20 years from now will even know how to hold a pencil.

返回列表
上一主题:2013年CFA三级经验分享
下一主题:How do you beet the CFA exams?