返回列表 发帖

Why are people going for CAIA after passing CFA+FRM??

With my post i am not trying to disrespect  any one who is aiming for CAIA,but that being said, i would really like to know what is the value addition you get by doing CAIA  after CFA/FRM when there is nearly 70% or more of overlapping between CFA+FRM and CAIA,on top of that CAIA is not as prestigious in the market any where in the world as compared to CFA/FRM.
Is it because
1)CAIA gives any added skill after CFA/FRM???i doubt it completely
2)Is CAIA needed for promotion in your current job???i doubt it too
3)Do you learn any thing new or more challenging  in CAIA (if you are already CFA/FRM) ???i doubt it too
4)Is CAIA needed to work in alternative investments???I doubt it too as one of my friend who is worknig in Hedge fund said “If you cannot get in alternate investment industry without CAIA,you will most likely not get in with it!!!”
5)Is it for prestige????now this arguement is baseless as CFA/FRM are far more prestigious as compared to CAIA..
According to me CAIA is useless for a CFA/FRM holder.If you want to learn something new better go for CPA/ACCA which would give you an added skill and masterly in the field of accounts/audit/tax or if you want to get a niche difficult credential then go for Actuaries but why go for CAIA ????????for me CAIA is useless for CFA/FRM holder….

@destroyer of world:let me give you some some knowledge about my background
1)I have already cleared FRM both exams 1 day.
2)Cleared 40% ACCA.
3)Doing full time MBA
4)Presently CFA candidate
So you must think twice about commenting stuff like”If you haven’t truly gone through the material to authoritatively comment on “percentage overlap”..”.I have gone through all the materials of CFA/FRM/CAIA not (schweser alone).
Yes i am an industry outsider since i am a 23 old postgraduate student,but i know something about what market demands.I have not said any thing offensive here.I know that may be you have passed CFA/CAIA exams and are a  FRM candidate,so you are in a better position than me to acknowledge that CAIA was uselss,it’s like degrading your CFA.

If I weren’t tired of taking exams, I’d do CAIA for the knowledge, just to see what someone who has taken time to think about what alternatives people might need has found that I don’t know from other sources.  
Then, once I had it, it seems useful to advertise it, but only when applying for positions where it’s relevant.

返回列表