返回列表 发帖

Any CFAI books that are a MUST?

Hey everyone,
I’m new here. I started reading the first CFAI book last week (about 60% done with Volume I Ethics and Quant), and I’ve realized that I simply do not have the time or strength to read these books AND do all the Schweser materials (notes, cds, secret sauce, question bank). I would rather learn the material from just Schweser, as I’ve heard it’s sufficient, and use this extra time I’m saving on a better, longer review at the end. I plan to use CFAI text just for the chapter summaries and the end of chapter Q’s.
With that said, are there any CFAI books that are a MUST read–that I should read in addition to doing the Schweser stuff for that material?
Thanks a lot!
P.S. I already know from other posts that ethics and gips in volume I is a must. Why is this? Does Schweser not cover it?

my suggestion would be to after studying a reading from schweser … have a look into to CFAI text just to fill in the gaps (for some topics schweser misses a lot of material), and also do the examples as well… expect some questions out of the examples on the CFA exam

The advice that rang true for me postL1 in june was:
Read CFAi books first, and then review using schweser books.
Unsure why this advice isn’t better circulated.
Best of luck

I thought Schweser did a great job preparing me for the exam and that is all I looked over. If I had more time I probably would have read the CFAI book on ethics and a little FSA.
Just from doing Schweser there were no questions that stumped me on the exam. I had seen all the material before but I did read everything in Schweser twice. Gl bud!

返回列表