返回列表 发帖

Bank Funding Analyst - What Do They Do?

I ran across a position for a Bank Funding Analyst at a local community bank. Anybody have a clue what funding analysts at banks do?

Thanks

Sounds like they either process loans or calculate loan rates.

I would have said making sure the bank has liquidity to meet its needs on a daily basis, not so much on making loans to Mr. Smith.

iteracom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would have said making sure the bank has
> liquidity to meet its needs on a daily basis, not
> so much on making loans to Mr. Smith.

yea i think this is it, any clue what skills are needed, what are the exit opportunities?

I'm really not sure, but it probably involves taking a lot of (mostly undeserved) blame when things go wrong.

I think it's a mid/back office position.

I have abuddy that does this and it's essentially wiring money out/in all day.

> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower class > Born in crack house >
> Born middleclass in Asia and working in IT but
> looking to switch to buyside

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 09:17AM by ASSet_MANagement.

^ it is a back office position. at the bulge banks, they're called "funding analysts" "treasury division analyst"

good info. thanks guy

Funding is a very broad word, meaning changes from business to business.

If you are concerned with "funding" in derivatives and exotic trading, than it's a pretty big and sophisticated area in itself. When you place client trades, and hedge them, you need funding. That funding isn't like taking a loan straight away, at times it's a result of multiple structured transactions.

But as you said.... "in a local community bank", then it seems, it has more to do with analytics, and doing analytics on bank's loan portfolio and provisions and estimates to decide how much to keep in the bank and how much outside and how much in loan, much like credit card analytics. It's not middle office, it's not back office, not front office.
Dude, it's commercial banking, not investment banking, it's like just a job any other business.

返回列表