返回列表 发帖
I'm sure the new program will be played up on countless resumes, most of which will go to HR people who are clueless about the differences and will just see the letters referenced (since it will be administered by "CFA Institute") and assume they have a CFA.

Also, who the F are these people who are "several years from being ready to begin the CFA Program"? I'm not aware of too many working professionals who have "starting the CFA program" as part of their long-term plans. Are they marketing this to elementary school children?

FIresearch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was disclosed in an email. You probably need to
> be a regular member in order to be on the
> distribution list.

Off topic, but they send way too many emails.

monger187 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Also, who the F are these people who are "several
> years from being ready to begin the CFA Program"?
> I'm not aware of too many working professionals
> who have "starting the CFA program" as part of
> their long-term plans. Are they marketing this to
> elementary school children?

Good point. Seeing as you don't even need a Bachelor's degree to enrol for Level 1, who are these people who plan to begin the CFA program in several years time?

And this excerpt from their email:
"There will be no connection between the certificate program and CFA Institute membership or the CFA designation"

DO you notice how they say there will be no connection between the certificate program and CFA Institute MEMBERSHIP, but they definitely don't say that there will be no connection between the certificate and the CFA Institute. So as monger187 points out, you get say you have a certificate from CFAI, which will nicely confuse people as to what the heck the charter or the certificate is.

The difference will probably be something like:

CFA Charterholder; Regular Member, CFA Institute

vs.

CFA Certificant; Associate/Regular Member, CFA Institute

I can see how the two could end up being worded almost identically in somebody's bio since you can be a Regular Member of CFAI without passing the exams anyways (just promise to be ethical + 4 years work experience + membership dues).

I'm sure all the geniuses in HR will fully understand the difference

edit: At least they can't use any letters though... Like "CFa" or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 10:08PM by McLeod81.

they should call it something else so that it is clear the two are not the same program. it sounds like it is a totally different certification so who cares? I dont see how it will dilute the CFA charterholders. There are plenty of certificates out there that are similar to CFA but everyone knows this one is the hardest to achieve.

Do you really want to work for a company that doesnt know the difference between a 3+ year program and a certificate? I sure as @#$%& dont. However you are right the HR geniuses (lol) will be clueless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 10:14PM by starbuk.

also

starbuk, CFA, CFA, MBA

would look pretty good on a business card. just double up on the CFA cert and cover all your bases!

返回列表