返回列表 发帖
Hi,

I have received an offer for the new position in Europe : Credit Analyst specialized on Emerging Market (EM). The main role will be to build the company EM credit research team in long run for internal funds.

I have 5 years experience focused primarily on european markets (cash bonds and CDS) and 2012 Level III Candidate. They offer roughly $65K annual fixed pay which sounds pretty low (in my opinion). But they offer to pay my registration fees to the CFA program and for the schweser premium package (free one week off before the exam). The annuel bonus estimation is 50 to 100% of the fixed pay (based on my performance and the market conditions).

The point is that I'm very excited by this new challenge (build new team in LT). But it's very hard to upgrade the fixed pay in general. Can I ask for any guaranted pay upgrade after my level III (if I pass)?

I'm just curious about what you think. Is that fair enough for you.

Cheers,

Sounds like a crappy deal because they can always hose you on the bonus and that base is a little low (in general, but may be fine depending on where you are going).

I also thing its crappy based on my 5 years experience. The new position is in buy-side fields. I Will be dedicated to their new emerging market fund ($100m fund).

I meant where you are going geographically.

$65K in Europe? Where in Europe? Republic of Albania?

Pay doesnt sound good, please reveal the city where it is.

(for London its a salary of a dishwasher, but maybe for eastern europe it is normal).

Are you guys serious? This is a pretty good deal by Nigerian standards, though I must confess that the tax rate here is pretty low...

65K euros? A bit better. A lot depends on the bonus. Better get a roommate.

If the opportunity is perfect for you otherwise in terms of experience-to-be-gained, though, it might be worth it for two years before making the great leap forward.

ATH, CFA, CAIA

me.tega Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you guys serious? This is a pretty good deal
> by Nigerian standards, though I must confess that
> the tax rate here is pretty low...

Well, Nigeria (with its ridiculous unemployment rate) is not in Europe. $65K = approx 10M Naira..., so yeah that'll be a decent deal.

I work in Paris.
USD 65K means EUR 46K ? You mean gross salary right ?

返回列表