返回列表 发帖

Day Trading experience for Prop Firm for CFA requirements

I was wondering if Day Trading experience with a Prop firm’s money will be counted towards work experience for the CFA charter requirements.  Did any one already try this and get accepted?  Thanks

i’m pretty sure that it doesn’t. i’ve heard of some people having trouble getting this experience accepted. the thinking is that you’re not employed in the traditional sense as your pay is 100% reliant on self-rewarding trading success. due to the fact that a lot of junior prop traders sit around and make very few trades, its tough to prove to CFAI that this counts as real experience. also, CFAI’s experience wording has something about 50% or more of the job duties must have to do with the investment recommendation process. since a prop trader makes no recommendations and the trades are self-serving, by their definition, the experience is unlikely to be counted.
i was a prop trader for a while and agree that it probably shouldn’t be included as many do not actually attain any tangible experience. best of luck. please let me know if the experience is accepted, for future reference.

返回列表