返回列表 发帖
atomicrooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I regretfully started studying for level 2 in Feb
> this year after I learned the news of passing.

And how far are you through the LII material? You enrolled in Stalla/Schweser? I'd think you still have your 60hr job? I guess I'm asking because a buddy and I are going to be in a similar position, assuming we make it through L1 in December. Thanks.

I regretfully started studying for level 2 in Feb this year after I learned the news of passing.

atomicrooster, did you use CFAI only? Also, Oyster is right about LII registration.

Actually it was a joke (see the "!!!"). I'm studying for level 2 now and it is considerably harder than level 1, I wish I had the extra time. Anyway, I used Stalla & CFAI EOC's; however, I believe the Mock was the tool that put me over the mark. As far as time commitments, I worked a 60hr / week finance job, was married with a 3-9 month old daughter and for good measure I took a FSA class at the University on Tues. nights for 4 hours. Got an A too! :-)

Back to my original point. You Can Do It!

atomicrooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I started studying for Dec. 2010 on June 1st and
> passed. It's unbelievable how much time there is
> if you actually study and don't screw around.
> However, if you think you are going to pass which
> you should, I would start studying for level 2 now
> because that test is a beast!!!

I don't think you can register for Level II until you tame Level I. Also, I think next year's Level II material will be refreshed after the June exam, so I kinda miss your point as to how this would be achievable!?

I started studying for Dec. 2010 on June 1st and passed. It's unbelievable how much time there is if you actually study and don't screw around. However, if you think you are going to pass which you should, I would start studying for level 2 now because that test is a beast!!!

You can do it, but Elan/Schweser/stalla do make it a lot easier

Forgot to mention, I'm planning to use only CFAI materials. Would December still be a reach, given internship/school?

Yes.
You have 6 Months to prepare... I would suggest 3rd party material as it is helpful in linking and presenting some common material together.

However, many people have only used the CFAI material and passed.

People do it while working, while in school, its just a grind. I'm working full time, most of the time heavier hours. You just have to change your lifestyle and it can be done.

You are giving your self plenty of time to study for December. I say give it a shot.

返回列表