返回列表 发帖
I've been a voyeur of sorts on these boards for about 2 years now I guess, and just never posted anything. Got my results back yesterday and as someone who most certainly put in a herculean effort in terms of work got back some dissappointing results to put it lightly, not crushing defeat but just was one of the ones that had only a near miss.
Oh well, I gave myself one day to be down in the dumps about it and now it's time for me to dust myself off and use some 'strate-gery' on what to do different.
1) I did all the eoc's last year in the 1st half of the year, but relied heavily on schwes the second half, -I'm certain this handicapped me. WIll be focusing exclusively on official CFAi material this go round
2) I started so damned early I just defeated myself by test time b/c I was basically burned out, figure I'll hit my sections that performed the worst in starting out in Oct.'ish and just begin to chop away at it from there again.
3) Try to use this place to discuss and ask questions I hear having to ask and possibly answer can help crystalize some concepts that are just still fuzzy upstairs.
-Honestly I don't really totally know what the hell happened on test day. I knew the material cold (I thought) but on test day I just couldn't get it out of my head and on paper, it just got all jumbled up on it's way through the pencil. FSA I thought would have been my strong suit turned out to be a weak spot.
Anywho, this post wound up being longer than I intended, just wanted to tell the guys who cleared L2 this year congratulations, and introduce myself to the L2 retakers and forum members who will be trudging the road of happy destiny this year with me. Wish everyone luck in whatever endeavor they are undertaking in the coming year, for now I'm just going to focus on something non-CFA related and will talk to you all around the beginning of October.

Good comments, and I appreciate the feedback. I'll be keeping this in mind in my efforts for 2011 sitting.

My advice:

1. Don't even THINK about what sections you did worst in unless it was equity or FSA. The sample sizes are just so small that the line between <50 to <70 could have been a few lucky guesses, or just a couple tricky questions.

Basically it can give you a false sense of security or make you believe you are worse at a subject than you really are.

Far too often I see people say they focused on their bad subjects heavily, and come results time they are weaker on their "better" subjects.

If you want to gauge how you are on a particular subject you need to track your results on your own. That way you'll be able to see how well you are doing over a sample size larger than like 12 questions.

2. Everyone has different study techniques. Do what is best for you. Some people learn best by reading, some by doing questions, some by more interactive classes, some by video, some like flash cards, etc . At your age you should have a good idea what is best or what combination is best. That is what you need to do. For me, reading the CFAI text would be a giant waste of time. That type of reading just doesn't do it for me. I'm much more of a video and repetition/question type of learner. You may be different.

Point is: Don't let the masses fool you into a certain study plan. Do what is best for you.

3. I'm all for starting early, but give yourself breaks.

4. Review, review, review. The last thing you want to do is do quant in January, and then wake up and it is early June and you haven't seen quant since January. Try to keep everything fresh.

返回列表