上一主题:Level I and Ethics
下一主题:CFAI 2012
返回列表 发帖

valuable financial education?

I am interested to know your thought about continuing education after you finish your CFA. I have got my CFA, and FRM and FSA (actuarial certificate).

I looked at the CAIA - interesting curriculum but expensive (have to pay out of my own pocket); CPA - no required accounting courses.

By the way, I am just studying for fun, not for breaking into one particular career.

Captain Windjammer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In what field?

Basically looking at the investment strategies and effectiveness of the self-funded retiree sector in Australia.

^ positive or negative correlation ;)

there is a correlation between between the amount of designations you have and how @#$%& ty your job is

In what field?

I'm doing a research Masters, which I hope to upgrade to a Doctorate after the first year. no more standardized tests for me thanks.

lowest cost indexing options usually but the structure of the index still comes first - so it could be anything etf ishares, claymore, vanguard or F class mutual funds - based on best suitability at best cost
are you in US or Canada?

Florinpop,

I do the same thing as you, for the same type of firm.
I definitely feel like ceiling is pretty low in this type of work and want more challenging work.

A coworker of mine is a FSA... you're looking at a much longer road than the CFA. There are some threads around here about CFA vs FSA or ASA

Btw, what products do you guys use? iShares, Vanguard, DFA, etc.

you need to find an advisor or investment counsel that have enough assets under management to have this kind of position

florinpop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Asset allocations, investment research and
> reporting for a book of clients. We have asset
> allocation models we use (of course we always try
> to improve them), but since they are based on
> passive/indexing strategy is mostly a decision
> related to asset classes and not particular
> companies.
> Pros: even at a more basic level it's still
> interesting
> Cons: after a while you feel like you need to move
> to the next level
> I don't hate my job I just feel that if I don't
> move I'll only use 10% of the stuff I know (max)

How did you get there?

返回列表
上一主题:Level I and Ethics
下一主题:CFAI 2012