返回列表 发帖
I regretfully started studying for level 2 in Feb this year after I learned the news of passing.

atomicrooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I regretfully started studying for level 2 in Feb
> this year after I learned the news of passing.

And how far are you through the LII material? You enrolled in Stalla/Schweser? I'd think you still have your 60hr job? I guess I'm asking because a buddy and I are going to be in a similar position, assuming we make it through L1 in December. Thanks.

I did Schweser this time (prefer Stalla). I finished all the material in mid April and logged over 250+ hours so far. It's not from a lack of trying, level 2 just has 3 times everything level 1 has and the questions are not as straight forward. So you can know the formula but if you don't get the right information from the item-set you are screwed. Just learning how to pull the correct information takes some time and in order to do so you need to know the topic cold.

I still have the job and the kid is older, walking now:-). I'd say go for it, study hard and get it over with. The thing I keep telling myself is that I have to know the material so either I study now or study later I still have to put in the time to learn the material no matter which one I choose. If I don't pass this year I'm just way ahead for next year!

I was thinking the same thing - enroll in Stalla and study as much as I can. If I flunk in June, Ill be semi-prepped for the following year.

Thanks for the motivation. Good luck for the June exam. Hope you guys pass!

You have 6 months. That is a lot of time. I don't think you should have any difficulty passing if you put forth a reasonable effort. For study material I suggest reading the CFAI Books (go right to the source). The only problem is the lack of questions so consider the Schweser QBank (3000+ Questions) or something similar. From what I've read the best way to tackle the first exam is A LOT of questions. Also, flashcards are key! Use them for forumlas, important definitions and relationships between things. I have a stack sitting next to me in my cube right now and I flip through them periodically. I started studying on March 1st and I'm taking the exam on June 4th. Getting mid 70s on the CFA Mock Exam/QBank Exams. Hope this helps.

infact i was just wondering if someone could possibly email me the Qbank or practice questions if those are available in a format that could be emailed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 12:55PM by Gypsy.

i am also planning for June 2012. wanted to do in december but already have some educational commitment for november this year.
this thread gives some really helpful info.

Atomicrooster:

What was your weekly plan? I am completely overloaded by work, taking L1 in Dec and now somewhere around 75% of E&QM... trying to study 2 hours a day and 12 in total on a weekend, but as we all know, it is sometimes impossible to stick to the plan... don't have a child though...huge bow for you man!

I did a reading every week for 16 weeks with the EOC's and passmaster questions. By the end of September I was done with all the readings and ready for review. I also took a class at the local University since I did not take Accounting in college. I think this helped a lot even though the entire semester was covered in the first chapter of the CFAI book. But it kept FSA front and center the entire study period. After the readings I did all of the exams in book 1 of Stalla and a Schweser live mock (I bombed this). I made 200+ flashcards and hit the CFAI mock which I thought was very good indicator of the exam. All in all, I just wanted it really bad and made studying a priority although on Saturday it came second to college football (Geaux Tigers!).

kirso Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Atomicrooster:
>
> What was your weekly plan? I am completely
> overloaded by work, taking L1 in Dec and now
> somewhere around 75% of E&QM... trying to study 2
> hours a day and 12 in total on a weekend, but as
> we all know, it is sometimes impossible to stick
> to the plan... don't have a child though...huge
> bow for you man!

WTF is E&QM? Elan?