返回列表 发帖

Financial modeling tools

Hey guys,

i am a jobseeker and trying to get into the investment profession.
i would like to know what are the tools that you guys use in the industry apart from "Excel" ,so that i can update my skill set

Thanks in advance

If you can Nail Excel, you're golden. If you know the basics, then move to Advanced functions. If you know those, try and learn VBA.

Thanks guys..

I posted this in another thread but I'm working on developing a financial modeling course similar to wallstreet prep but for a fraction of the price. I need beta testers to critique my work so if you sign up at valuationacademy.com I'll send you out a free copy in July when its finished.

calbears09 - I just signed up. Looking forward to it. Thanks

Thanks for signing up guys, I'm really trying to make a quality product at a reasonable price. This is why I'll need everyone's critique!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 08:16AM by Bilal.

Signed up. Let me know how can I be of help to you.

Sasankm

Not signing up

Trust me. When I say, trust me, I mean it. I work for an energy major. The guys here have modeled Equity deals worth billions. All with Excel.

Modelling skills greatly comprises understanding the business you are modelling, understanding the link between P&L, BS, CF statement & making them all converge towards core valuation. And Excel is more than enough for it.

返回列表