返回列表 发帖

Any takers of CFA LEVEL 2 June 2014?

I just recieved my results yesterday that i cleared CFA LEVEL 1. Any takers of CFA LEVEL 2 in JUNE 2014?
What are your strategies?

I’m still not 100% decided whether I want to jump on the bandwagon and do 2 this summer or wait a year and sort out my professional situation. Leaning more heavily in the latter direction right now, but gave myself some time to decide.

I am going to give a little break. I prefer to be able to tell my employer that i cleared all 3 levels without failing and hence I don’t see it a viable idea to do level 2 this June (considering that I am also doing a full time master’s degree). HOWEVER I will register tomorrow for the May 2013 FRM level 1 exam. My plan is as follows:
May 2013 - FRM 1
November 2013 - FRM 2
June 2014 - CFA 2
June 2015 - CFA 3
Ofcourse this is assuming that i don’t fail anything along the way. So far so good as I passed level 1 with flying colours passing FRM level 1 and finishing my master’s degree should also prepare me abit more for CFA level 2.

I’m waiting until 2014 too. I don’t think I can do it this June. I’m feeling a little bit burnt out and I hope to pass at the first attempt.
Does anyone know when enrollment opens for 2014?

June 2014 for me, matey. There’s no way I’m subjecting myself to a mind-numbing 4 months of cramming, i’d rather shoot myself in the foot.

I am also planning to take it in june 2014. I was wondering whether I should buy June 2013 level 1 notes to review for level 2, since there were changes made to our dec syllabus. Any advice on that?

I’m glad, there are people who think like me. My reason to delay the exams till 2014, is merely giving time for urself to unwind after getting the results. I shall start preparing for June 2014 once i register in July 2013 for the exam, grab the curriculum notes, quickly go through them till October, then start reading schweser’s fullfledgedly. I think this way i will able to cover up most of it. I dont know if its the right way. But i have always chosed the destinations by myself till now, so this is the way i’m gonna go ahead.

Abraham Lincoln has said: “If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six hours sharpening my ax”. And I prefer having more than 8 hours.
I totally agree to delay the exams till 2014 because the hardest part is in L2 .

I am going to take Level 2 in 2014 as well. I was wondering if it is worthwhile buying some 2013 Level 2 materials and start familiarizing myself with it. Is anyone doing this?

Thanks to everyone for your inputs…. I am planning to give L2 immediately ,i.e. in June2013… My reasons are the earlier it is the better coz i may forget stuff i learnt for L1 by June 2014 and also my current work situation is such that I will be able to put in atleast as much effort and as many number of hours as I had for L1 (if not more).
So I would like to know if I should be thinking about any other stuff before registering for June 2013 apart from availability of time to prepare…. I am an MBA finance and I am guessing I will be able to manage equity CF and PM of L2 quite easily… any valuable inputs appreciated…
Thanks!

返回列表