上一主题:Schweser Book 5
下一主题:Best Practise Questions
返回列表 发帖

Is it too late to break into IB ?

..so what if you are 9 years in FP&A with small corporates close to plucking the CFA fruit and find yourself out of job for 5 months..would you try to break into IB/Capital markets jobs or try to find another pit like the one you were before?
Appreciate if anyone has any thoughts or pointers.

yo i would pluck that fruit, smash it up, and make some CFA marmalade. then I would spread that marmalade on some IB. hope this helps.

too late

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, April 18, 2011 at 03:01PM by builders.

look, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to do IB, you just have to have good grades, come from a good school, and be presentable(decent-looking, ie wear the heck out of a Canali suit)

builders Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> too late

I am assuming you are in IB or related.. what might you do if you could not give up the thought of that career?

wake2000 Wrote:
> look, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to do
> IB, you just have to have good grades, come from a
> good school, and be presentable(decent-looking, ie
> wear the heck out of a Canali suit)

I get your point wake2000 but 'decent grades', 'decent school' and MBA is past, question is how to get the foot in the door now with a CFA. By the way, I might still need a year of qualifying work exp to get the charter if I pass so I am open for low pay jobs if those help.

I forgot to mention that you should be 22 years old as well.

wake2000 Wrote:
> I forgot to mention that you should be 22 years
> old as well.

oh and would being a 'blonde' help?
I am drinking age reversal cool-aid but gender make over is a no-no for me. Any more ideas?

purple drank

Forget about IB. Their recruiting is extremely rigid - perhaps even close minded. Unless you fit a very specific profile, as alluded to by other people here, you will probably not even be considered for a position. I can't imagine why someone with 9 years of experience would want to start in IB either. If you just graduated from college, you might be ok with being @#$%& around for 90 hours a week. However, it's hard to imagine that this would be desirable to someone in their 30s.

"Capital Markets", on the other hand, has a very broad definition. There are also many tiers of positions within this broad industry. Do you have something specific that you want to do?

返回列表
上一主题:Schweser Book 5
下一主题:Best Practise Questions