上一主题:Econ EOC Q
下一主题:How much detail is needed?
返回列表 发帖

Resign your job to study

Hi all I am contemplating on resigning from my job to study L2 exam.
Do you think it worth the risk?
Considering the job market sucks right now, what are my chances of getting another job?
My background is I work for the govt. as a Financial Analyst, thinking about moving to private sector.

I would not do it IF I had a job....
You got people like me dying to find a job in this job market. You wana leave yours...
I say bust your a** studying while working. It won't be easy, but having that "flooret" is worth it.

That is the stupidest idea that I've ever heard.

Edit: Ok, maybe not the *most* stupid idea that I've ever heard, but it's definitely not a good idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Tuesday, April 12, 2011 at 11:10AM by ohai.

Thanks all, I need that reality check...

Just study at your desk as often as you can. If you get fired, at least you'll get unemployment!

Quitting a job for a test is a bit asinine. The exam isn't THAT hard or THAT meaningful.

The downside risk is not worth it. In the worst case scenario you fail the exam and you don't have a job.

If I am a future interviewer of yours and ask you how you left your last job, and you tell me that you left it to study for level 2. How would I think of you?

myb747 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all I am contemplating on resigning from my job
> to study L2 exam.
> Do you think it worth the risk?
> Considering the job market sucks right now, what
> are my chances of getting another job?
> My background is I work for the govt. as a
> Financial Analyst, thinking about moving to
> private sector.

are you joking, whats better a L2 candidate with a gov'ment job, or a L3 candidate with no job. your choice.

You have a gov't job... so you work at most 37.5 hours a week and I'm guessing it's not high stress? Sounds rough for studying too.

Actually this is our stress time since we have to do the budget...but is not at Investment Banking hours that's for sure.

What agency do you work for? And yeah don't quit your job.

返回列表
上一主题:Econ EOC Q
下一主题:How much detail is needed?