上一主题:reading #39-pracice problem #5
下一主题:Market integrity
返回列表 发帖

A second opinion, please.

I am a level 3 retaker.

The first time I took level 3 I would have been more than surprised if I'd have passed it. I didn't study enough, I just watched the Schweser videos, I didn't do any EOC exercises. I didn't read the CFAI books. I failed band 8.

Even though I was more prepared this time, I don't know if I will pass it. I feel my chances are 50/50. I will accept my fate without fear.

But my thoughts after the exam are these: I was in my personal peak in terms of curriculum knowledge on June 4th, in June 3rd I wished I had two or three more weeks to do mock exams or practice exams. What if I failed the exam? Wouldn't it be smart not to loose the knowledge and practice I already gained, the exam experience is fresh, I remember some of the questions, I could try to master some stuff in which I felt weak. What if I passed it? learning more will not hurt me, and the end of the day and without being servile to CFAI, isn't this stuff about learning?

So I took my CFAI books the other day and read them without pressure, without exam dates and with a relaxed attitude, I remembered why I chose to study finance and remembered that I am really passionate about my job and about the choice of doing the CFA stuff.

So, I've thinking: Until august I will know the truth. But, meanwhile, reviewing the material will not hurt me, I will not dedicate my precious weekends to it, I will do it while commuting or waiting for the dentist... I think: Now I can really learn this stuff without feeling stressed and that feeling makes everything easier and more enjoyable my readings.

I would like to know your thoughts about this attitude towards re-reading the material before August.

Thanks.

If you like it do it.

However, I would wait until August. I'm sure if I don't pass it will be a tremendous amount of motivation for me. I put in a ton of work, but I always feel I can put in more.

Captain Britain??

Ok, but to the point... if you like the material and don't have anything else to do, then sure - why not read the books again? I would rather be raped by a giant scorpion than read CFA books again right after the test. But I guess everyone is different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Friday, June 10, 2011 at 01:38AM by ohai.

ohai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Captain Britain??
>
> Ok, but to the point... if you like the material
> and don't have anything else to do, then sure -
> why not read the books again? I would rather be
> raped by a giant scorpion than read CFA books
> again right after the test. But I guess everyone
> is different.

+1

LOL.

I feel the same way. I have packed all my books and ready to donate to a library this weekend.

Pass or fail, I can't bear the thought of opening them again.

What is everyone doing with their books? I literally have a bookshelf (a small one) filled with my Schweser and CFAI materials. Some guys here keep their Schweser stuff in their offices at work, but I don't know if I want to do that...

My CFA textbooks and Schweser material are all in the office. I mostly don't want them to take up space at home. Maybe I am your coworker.

They are great reference material. I have went back to my level 2 books quite often.

JP_RL_CFA, totally agree with you, great books that may be useful even after L3 pass

bbraddock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to know your thoughts about this
> attitude towards re-reading the material before
> August.
>
> Thanks.

I think that is nuts. You should relax and enjoy the summer. Why dont you wait until August to start re-reading the material? Take a few months to chill.

CFA Jay, CFA

Relax, decompress, etc.

If I absolutely felt the need to do something, I think I would find other stuff related to what I was doing (or wanted to do) to help me become an expert in the field. The CFA curriculum has some great stuff, but its so generalized and spread out that I think time is better spent finding your area of expertise. The market is too competitive to be a generalist.

返回列表
上一主题:reading #39-pracice problem #5
下一主题:Market integrity