上一主题:Reading - 2-II - LOS a: Q1 - Q5
下一主题:Reading - 2-I - LOS c: Q6-Q13
返回列表 发帖

Reading - 2-I - LOS d: Q1-Q5

1A CFA charterholder who comes to work intoxicated is:

A)   in violation of Standard IV(A) concerning duties to employer.

B)   not in violation of the standards.

C)   in violation of Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct.

D)   in violation of Standard VII(B) concerning use of the designation.

2A CFA charterholder in a managerial position is in the process of hiring new analysts. If the charterholder conducts background checks on the job applicants with respect to their character, the charterholder has:

A)   violated the Code of Ethics by invading the applicants' privacy.

B)   violated Standard III(E) concerning confidentiality.

C)   complied with Standard VII(A) concerning conduct of members and candidates in the CFA Program.

D)   complied with Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct.

3Nancy Hall, a candidate in the CFA program, is an analyst for a mutual fund. As part of her job she makes company visits to interview executives. On a recent trip she stayed with her sister instead of at a hotel. In her expenses Hall included a hotel charge of $100, which was less than the amount allowed by her employer. After receiving a check for her expenses, Hall disclosed to her supervisor that she had stayed with her sister instead of at a hotel. She also returned the $100 to her employer. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, which of the following statements best describes Hall's professional conduct?

A)   Hall did not engage in professional misconduct because she did not meet all of the requirements to use the CFA designation.

B)   Hall did not engage in professional misconduct because she eventually disclosed this information and returned the $100 to her employer.

C)   Hall engaged in professional misconduct.

D)   Hall did not engage in professional misconduct because the amount that she submitted for the hotel was less than that allowed by her employer.

4All of the following are violations of Standard I(D), Misconduct, EXCEPT:

A)   conviction of a crime involving fraud.

B)   dishonest activities that reflect negatively on professional competence even if they do not result in criminal convictions.

C)   conviction of a misdemeanor involving civil disobedience in support of one’s personal beliefs.

D)   any conduct that undermines confidence that the CFA charter represents a level of achievement based on merit and ethical conduct.

5An investment advisor, who is a CFA charterholder, takes a trip for which his firm will pay the expenses. Upon his return he alters some of the numbers on restaurant receipts to inflate the expenses by $64. Is this a violation of Standard I(D)?

A)   No, if such a crime carries less than a one-year prison term.

B)   Yes, because it reflects adversely on the charterholder’s professional reputation.

C)   Yes, because the amount involved is over $50.

D)   No, because the amount is under $100.

1A CFA charterholder who comes to work intoxicated is:

A)   in violation of Standard IV(A) concerning duties to employer.

B)   not in violation of the standards.

C)   in violation of Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct.

D)   in violation of Standard VII(B) concerning use of the designation.

The correct answer was  C)  

Being intoxicated at work is poor personal behavior. It is a violation of Standard I(D), which covers professional competence and integrity.

2A CFA charterholder in a managerial position is in the process of hiring new analysts. If the charterholder conducts background checks on the job applicants with respect to their character, the charterholder has:

A)   violated the Code of Ethics by invading the applicants' privacy.

B)   violated Standard III(E) concerning confidentiality.

C)   complied with Standard VII(A) concerning conduct of members and candidates in the CFA Program.

D)   complied with Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct.

The correct answer was  D)

To avoid potential problems and comply with Standard I(D), employers are encouraged to conduct background checks on potential employees.

3Nancy Hall, a candidate in the CFA program, is an analyst for a mutual fund. As part of her job she makes company visits to interview executives. On a recent trip she stayed with her sister instead of at a hotel. In her expenses Hall included a hotel charge of $100, which was less than the amount allowed by her employer. After receiving a check for her expenses, Hall disclosed to her supervisor that she had stayed with her sister instead of at a hotel. She also returned the $100 to her employer. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, which of the following statements best describes Hall's professional conduct?

A)   Hall did not engage in professional misconduct because she did not meet all of the requirements to use the CFA designation.

B)   Hall did not engage in professional misconduct because she eventually disclosed this information and returned the $100 to her employer.

C)   Hall engaged in professional misconduct.

D)   Hall did not engage in professional misconduct because the amount that she submitted for the hotel was less than that allowed by her employer.

Hall engaged in professional misconduct because her act involved dishonesty, fraud, and deceit.

4All of the following are violations of Standard I(D), Misconduct, EXCEPT:

A)   conviction of a crime involving fraud.

B)   dishonest activities that reflect negatively on professional competence even if they do not result in criminal convictions.

C)   conviction of a misdemeanor involving civil disobedience in support of one’s personal beliefs.

D)   any conduct that undermines confidence that the CFA charter represents a level of achievement based on merit and ethical conduct.

The Code and Standards do not focus on personal conduct as long as the conduct does not reflect poorly on one’s professional reputation, integrity, or competence.

5An investment advisor, who is a CFA charterholder, takes a trip for which his firm will pay the expenses. Upon his return he alters some of the numbers on restaurant receipts to inflate the expenses by $64. Is this a violation of Standard I(D)?

A)   No, if such a crime carries less than a one-year prison term.

B)   Yes, because it reflects adversely on the charterholder’s professional reputation.

C)   Yes, because the amount involved is over $50.

D)   No, because the amount is under $100.

The correct answer was  B)

Professional conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, or deceit is a direct violation of Standard I(D), Misconduct.

返回列表
上一主题:Reading - 2-II - LOS a: Q1 - Q5
下一主题:Reading - 2-I - LOS c: Q6-Q13