上一主题:Quants (statistics) Question
下一主题:Two questions on FRA/Swaps (possible conflicting answers)
返回列表 发帖

Official Schweser Mock Discussion ($40 mock)

I now see why they are offering for $100 the detailed answers…. bums only put the bare min in the answer booklet for AM session…. I am sure there are going to be a lot of questions about this exam, so might as well post them in the same place… What did everyone think of it? I scored about 130 points, but question 3 and 4 crushed me… I dont remember seeing 4 at all in SChweser while reading… the tax formula in question 3 hurt me… I only got 19 points out of 47 in those 2 sections…. the rest of the exam seemed pretty easy to be honest…. stupid mistake with CPPI/Constant Mix
what you all think?

I just bought it too. Is it worth getting the explanations for 100 extra? anybody took a look ?

stupid exam…Hardly any change to volume 1 exam. Waste of $50
just completed AM and scored 62%. I have done few past CFAI exam and have never seen CFAI giving more than 6 points on return calculation but schweser is giving you 14 points..very unreal. If you get it incorrec then you are screwed.
Also so much calculation oreinted. CFAI exams are not. I mean every problem had something to calculate which is not the case in CFAI.

Hi. Is it possible to forward it? if yes then it will be great. thx. a_shah2@rediffmail.com

good lord not this again…sack up the $50 and pay for it

Is it worth($50) to give a try?

I did the first q- how you guys attempt it-does anybody has a strategy to approach this kind of problems ? Make a cash flow table? I got confused between coming year and now and year of retirement-time line

I just set up a time line for each year and listed out all of their expenses and income… i actually nailed this one completely and was shocked….. i guess the practice is helping…
Side not, has anyone tried to enter your scores online yet? I am only able to do it for the AM session and not the PM….
I took the PM and scored 72% on it…. second ethics section was pretty tricky, and behavioral finance always confuses the hell out of me…
how did everyone else do?

yea man, morning was a little ridiculous but whatever that’s expected with schweser. Not to mention their answer key has some flaws (liquidity for Q1, says gift to charity even though that happened 2 years prior)
Anyone explain what the hell is going on in question 3 part c in regards to taxes, and why they are paying income taxes on investments?
-or explain the whole formula cuz it doesn’t make any sense to me.

Just finished the PM exam and scored 67%.
Ethics Q- 2 - 1/6 ouch. Next week I have to do ethics. Procrastination is not helping in scores.
FI - Few mistakes in Fixed Income, calculated wrong dollar duration etc
Basically I would have scored close to 75% if I knew the ethics and had I learn all the formulas which I am going to do in last couple of days before exam.
Overall exam was fair.

返回列表
上一主题:Quants (statistics) Question
下一主题:Two questions on FRA/Swaps (possible conflicting answers)