上一主题:Level 1 Enrollment and exam june 2014
下一主题:cfa 3级全部一次通过,可最终我放弃了金融
返回列表 发帖
i think the fees is way too high…for people like me who do not earn in dollars. it turns out to be a lot of money….and its only going to increase…even though im in AM, i agree with markbot…whats the point…

Some professional organizations have tiered fees tied to annual compensation.  Verification would potentially be complex, but I would prefer to se something like this in CFA land.  $400 is really nothing to worry about for someone earning multiple 6 figures or higher, but for the unemployed, it can be a real issue.

I believe it was established on another thread that you don’t actually have to remain a member of a local chapter after you receive the charter, so you could drop that part.  I also seem to remember that you can get a reduced fee if you are unemployed for an extended period of time.
I don’t find the dues to be excessive, you can easily pay that much to play in corporate golf events, but my company picks up the tab.

you’d think with all the new charterholders these days and the fact that most of their publications are electronic these days, the cost would be coming down

How the amount of the due was decided ? Who decided it ? Anyone can advise ?

If you don’t bother with the local society, then the $275 is very reasonable compared to many other professional association fees. My annuals dues as a professional engineer are not much different…
Actually, in the case of an engineer, it can become quite a bit more expensive if you have to start having licenses in multiple jurisdictions (states/provinces). At least the CFA is a single, global designation.

CFA dues are peanuts compared with actuarial designations (specifically FSA, FCIA) or - as I’ve heard - CGA (I think this may be a Canadian only designation…)

dont they provide 4-5 visits to 5 star hotels free of cost per annum . That way costs can be recovered

To the OP, I completely agree with you. Please stop using the designation immediately and avoid paying the fees. Please do not associate with any other Charterholders or waste a single keystroke on any other forums – I can tell you that your path is 100% spot on.
As a paying Charterholder who doesn’t waste any time counting nickels and dimes in a long cashier line, I can tell you that folks like you exiting the Charterholder pool will only vastly improve the credibility and likeability of the remaining members. Thank you for volunteering to thin the herd, friend.

I actually want the CFAI to increase fees and start recording the exams. The CFA program is a lot, lot cheaper compared to some of the best hacksaw graduate programs out there. When you consider the practicality of the topics and the overall returns, it is phenomenal value.

返回列表
上一主题:Level 1 Enrollment and exam june 2014
下一主题:cfa 3级全部一次通过,可最终我放弃了金融