上一主题: Reading 2-V: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidan
下一主题: Reading 2-VI: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida
返回列表 发帖

Reading 2-VII: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid

Q1. A CFA charterholder coaches a fellow employee as that colleague studies for the CFA exams. The charterholder tells the colleague all that she remembers from her exams and how they were constructed. This is:

A)   a violation of Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct.

B)   not a violation of the standards.

C)   a violation of Standard VII(B) concerning use of the designation.

Q2. While on a business trip, John Hayes, CFA, found a notebook that had apparently been left in the waiting area of an airport. Hayes opened the notebook and read the title: Confidential: Level II CFA Examination. Before returning the notebook to CFA Institute, he made a copy and gave it to Linda Sacket, one of his firm's analysts, who was a candidate for Level II of the CFA examination. Hayes reasoned that CFA Institute would not use these questions and that Sacket would benefit from reviewing these questions. Sacket read the questions and guideline answers before taking the Level II examination. According to the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct:

A)   Hayes violated the Standards, but Sacket did not.

B)   Sacket violated the Standards, but Hayes did not.

C)   both Hayes and Sacket violated the Standards.

Q3. Which of the following actions would be a violation of the Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program?

A)   Exaggerating the implications of holding the CFA designation.

B)   Failure to submit a Professional Conduct Statement and pay annual dues.

C)   Misrepresenting information on the Professional Conduct Statement.

Q4. Ron Vasquez is registered to sit for the CFA Level II exam. Unfortunately, Vasquez has failed the exam the past two years. In his frustration, Vasquez posted the following comment on a popular internet bulletin board: “I believe that CFA Institute is intentionally limiting the number of charterholders in order to increase its cash flow by continuing to fail candidates. Just look at the pass rates.”

Which of the following statements regarding Vasquez’s conduct is TRUE? Vasquez is:

A)   in violation of Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program, but not in violation of Standard I(D), Misconduct.

B)   in violation of both Standard I(D), Misconduct and Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program.

C)   not in violation of Standard I(D), Misconduct or Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program.

Q5. All of the following are violations of Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program, EXCEPT:

A)   disregarding the rules related to the administration of the CFA examination.

B)   improperly using the CFA Designation to further professional goals.

C)   expressing opinions in disagreement with CFA Institute advocacy positions.

答案和详解如下:

Q1. A CFA charterholder coaches a fellow employee as that colleague studies for the CFA exams. The charterholder tells the colleague all that she remembers from her exams and how they were constructed. This is:

A)   a violation of Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct.

B)   not a violation of the standards.

C)   a violation of Standard VII(B) concerning use of the designation.

Correct answer is A)

This is a violation because even though it does not necessarily compromise the integrity of the next exam, it does violate the Code of Ethics, Standard I(D) Misconduct, and Standard VII(A) Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program.  At the beginning of the CFA examination, all candidates are required to sign a statement saying they will not divulge any information regarding the exam to anyone.  In this question the Code of Ethics was broken because it requires CFA candidates and CFA Institute members to act in an ethical manner.  Standard I(D) Misconduct was broken because it requires members and candidates to not engage in any dishonest conduct.  Standard VII(A) Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program was broken because it requires members and candidates to not disregard the rules and policies of the CFA Program related to examination administration.

Q2. While on a business trip, John Hayes, CFA, found a notebook that had apparently been left in the waiting area of an airport. Hayes opened the notebook and read the title: Confidential: Level II CFA Examination. Before returning the notebook to CFA Institute, he made a copy and gave it to Linda Sacket, one of his firm's analysts, who was a candidate for Level II of the CFA examination. Hayes reasoned that CFA Institute would not use these questions and that Sacket would benefit from reviewing these questions. Sacket read the questions and guideline answers before taking the Level II examination. According to the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct:

A)   Hayes violated the Standards, but Sacket did not.

B)   Sacket violated the Standards, but Hayes did not.

C)   both Hayes and Sacket violated the Standards.

Correct answer is C)

Both violated Standard VII(A) because they committed an act that compromised the validity of the examinations leading to the award of the right to use the CFA designation.

Q3. Which of the following actions would be a violation of the Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program?

A)   Exaggerating the implications of holding the CFA designation.

B)   Failure to submit a Professional Conduct Statement and pay annual dues.

C)   Misrepresenting information on the Professional Conduct Statement.

Correct answer is C)

Misrepresenting information on the Professional Conduct Statement is a direct violation of Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program. The other choices are violations of Standard VII(B), Reference to CFA Institute, the CFA Designation, and the CFA Program.

Q4. Ron Vasquez is registered to sit for the CFA Level II exam. Unfortunately, Vasquez has failed the exam the past two years. In his frustration, Vasquez posted the following comment on a popular internet bulletin board: “I believe that CFA Institute is intentionally limiting the number of charterholders in order to increase its cash flow by continuing to fail candidates. Just look at the pass rates.”

Which of the following statements regarding Vasquez’s conduct is TRUE? Vasquez is:

A)   in violation of Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program, but not in violation of Standard I(D), Misconduct.

B)   in violation of both Standard I(D), Misconduct and Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program.

C)   not in violation of Standard I(D), Misconduct or Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program.

Correct answer is C)

Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program does not prohibit expressing opinions about the program or the CFA Institute. Thus, Vasquez is not in violation. Nothing in the facts indicates a violation of Standard I(D), Misconduct. Standard I(D) deals with professional conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, or deceit.

Q5. All of the following are violations of Standard VII(A), Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program, EXCEPT:

A)   disregarding the rules related to the administration of the CFA examination.

B)   improperly using the CFA Designation to further professional goals.

C)   expressing opinions in disagreement with CFA Institute advocacy positions.

Correct answer is C)

Members and Candidates are allowed to express their opinions about the CFA Institute and CFA Program without violation of any Standards. Both of the other choices are in direct violation of Standard VII(A).

x

x

thx

aaacc

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1: Reading 2-VI...

3x

thanks

返回列表
上一主题: Reading 2-V: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidan
下一主题: Reading 2-VI: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guida