上一主题:Any stay at home moms taking CFA Level II in June?
下一主题:Exhange Rate Determination
返回列表 发帖

Background checks

I was hoping someone could fill me in with any information they have on this topic. I have a few very minor offenses (public intoxication when I was 19 years old and a city ordinance violation for open alcohol in a motor vehicle (even though the car was off and the driver was gone) when I was 21). I am now 24, but will these violations hurt my chances at landing a job. I am in the last rounds of an interview process and have to submit an application soon. Any information will be appreciated.

For financial institutions all they care about is disonesty, fraud, violence, and crimes of that nature. I would be honest on your application and make sure that you talk with your interviewer/HR person about it so that you have a chance to explain yourself. I have 3 DIP's, an open container, a hit and run, and a DUI and I've never been turned down a job because of it. I've had 4 job offers since all the offenses that have required background checks. The bottom line: be honest and have a good speech prepared about how you've learned from your mistakes etc. Good luck!

返回列表
上一主题:Any stay at home moms taking CFA Level II in June?
下一主题:Exhange Rate Determination